Main Menu

Genre for Japan: a plea for help to all creators...

Started by HOO-HAA, 21 March, 2011, 04:41:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spaceghost

Not sure if it's strictly neccessary to do this but I thought I'd post the design I've done for the demon which appears on page 3. As I'm drawing it's first appearance, I thought it might be useful for the sake of continuity.

I'm not doing this so it can be copied really, it just might look weird if Jikan is fighting a wildly different looking demon on page 4.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

chilipenguin

Would offer to help out on this one but it seems like you have it all under control (or at least the parts I might be able to help with). Good luck guys!

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

El Chivo

Quote from: Lee Bates on 24 March, 2011, 11:31:57 AM

I'm not doing this so it can be copied really, it just might look weird if Jikan is fighting a wildly different looking demon on page 4.

Cool, was gonna drop u a line about this, but i'll just update my demon to look more like yours (yours looks cooler anyway!)

Cheers

Chi

Emperor

If anyone was thinking about contributing to the Genre for Japan but was looking for inspiration I noticed the term "nuclear samurai" being used for the workers trying to stop the reactors from going critical but haven't been able to come up with anything useful in the short time left, so I thought I'd throw it open to all:

www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/mar/21/nuclear-samurai-fukushima-japan-reactor
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Daveycandlish

An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

locustsofdeath!

I'll bet there are some Kappas who'd love to show up somewhere in the b.g., you know, rooting Jikan on and all.

Malicious

Hey Shark, I can do something up after this weekend if you want/need it? If your interested PM me and we can POW WOW ;)
Malicious
www.malicious.com.au

HOO-HAA

The GENRE FOR JAPAN auction is go! Grab yourself a signed copy of my bestselling z-horror novel, Flu, PLUS signed pages of the original, handwritten manuscript! No reserve and free international delivery for the winning bidders!

http://genreforjapan.wordpress.com/2011/03/25/items-39-40-41-signed-copies-of-flu-by-wayne-simmons/

HOO-HAA

Guys, that's just... brilliant.

I'll be bidding for sure! :)

HOO-HAA

In today's DCS post, I list my items for auction this week as part of GENRE FOR JAPAN. I also reflect on how much I have been entertained and inspired by J-HORROR. Check it out!

http://darkcentralstation.com/?p=1413

The Legendary Shark

How are we doing, guys?

Don't forget, you'll need to posting your pages to me probably tomorrow or Tuesday if they're going to arrive in time... PM me for my snail-mail addy when you're ready.

*cracks the whip* :)
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]