Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Batman's Superior Cousin

Maggie Jones - Blance Hunt in Corrie died today
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

COMMANDO FORCES

I see Paul O'grady's dog Buster died the other day!

Dandontdare

Quote from: Batman's Superior Cousin on 02 December, 2009, 07:59:47 PM
Maggie Jones - Blance Hunt in Corrie died today
Watching Corrie right now funnily enough. That's very sad, Blanche was by far and away the best character in it, always ready with a withering put down or cynical opinion. My favourite Blanche line was when the Platts were having one of their dramas in the middle of the street: "That Gail Platt - she's only happy when she's got someone's hands around her throat."

SmallBlueThing

oh thats sad. avid corrie viewers we are in my house. blanche was magic. :-( sbt

Mike Gloady

Ah, she was my mum's favourite by miles.  I wasn't a fan of the show, or soaps in general, but now my mum's gone I can't even hear the music without crying.  Blanche was comedy gold.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Kerrin

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Kerrin on 03 December, 2009, 06:01:23 PM
Robert Holdstock, author of "Mythago Wood". Sad news.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2009/dec/02/robert-holdstock-obituary

A real loss that one.
He also wrote a series of horror novels called Nighthunter under a pseudonym which made a lasting impression on the young me.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: His Lordship rac on 03 December, 2009, 06:12:05 PM
He also wrote a series of horror novels called Nighthunter under a pseudonym which made a lasting impression on the young me.

Not forgetting the most important work of fiction EVAH in the lives of young nerds of --ahem-- a certain age: the novel that accompanied the 5.5" floppy version of Elite!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Mike Gloady

Holdstok was that rare thing - a fantasy author I could read without wincing and/or retching semi-regularly.  Shame.

I remember the Elite novella, too.  Didn't realise it was him though.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Dunk!

Actor Richard Todd. 90.  :(

Actually parachuted into France on D-Day and then went on to star in the film of it The Longest Day.
"Trust we"

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 03 December, 2009, 06:25:11 PM
Quote from: His Lordship rac on 03 December, 2009, 06:12:05 PM

Not forgetting the most important work of fiction EVAH in the lives of young nerds of --ahem-- a certain age: the novel that accompanied the 5.5" floppy version of Elite!

Cheers

Jim

True!

Dunk!

"Trust we"

Dandontdare

made a post, decided it was bollax, but can't delete it, only edit it to delete the text. Move along, nothing to see here!

satchmo

Sad news about Robert Holdstock. I read Mythago Wood again last year, it's a brilliant book.

wild-seven

RIP Richard Todd, He was a true hero - I can't say anything more
I was going to procrastinate but I think I'll leave it till tomorrow