Main Menu

photoshop elements etc.....

Started by zombemybabynow, 28 February, 2010, 08:01:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zombemybabynow

I've got pse at work but not at home, (where i am at the mo') I've used up my 30 day trial but; what i'd like to know is there a simple free program i can download that will let me change the size of images?

thanks in advance
Good manners & bad breath get you nowhere

worldshown

This website seems to be okay if you're just shrinking images below 1000 pixels.

http://www.shrinkpictures.com/

Gimp is pretty useful, but downright user hostile if you are used to Photoshop.

http://www.gimp.org/

zombemybabynow

Good manners & bad breath get you nowhere

Tiplodocus

Teenage Tips needs (or says he needs) Photoshop for his art course.

But being a teenager, all I can get out of him are "It has a feather on the cover and I think the letters CS".*

I did ask him to go back to his course tutor and get the exact name of what is needed but, well, he's a teenage student so there's feck all chance of that happening.

Anybody got any clue what I should be looking for?  And where would be a cheap place to purchase it?

* This isn't strictly true. He sometimes says:
"Can I have some money?"
"Can I have a lift?"
"Why should I tidy up that huge pile of crap I've left in the kitchen/bathroom/middle of the living room?"
"I hate you"
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

johnnystress

if its just for a course then elements is probably fine

the boxes CS2, CS3...all look something like this

he was right about the feather

Tiplodocus

Excellent, thanks.

I think he said a green feather.

So what is the difference between CS2 and Elements? Or are they the same thing just referred to differently?
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 20 March, 2010, 11:23:37 AM
Excellent, thanks.

I think he said a green feather.

So what is the difference between CS2 and Elements? Or are they the same thing just referred to differently?

Elements is feature-reduced version of Photoshop, which can be bought separately or as a bundled part of Adobe's Creative Suite -- the CS moniker tells you which version of the Creative Suite the particular application belongs to. The current version is CS4, with CS5 due for release some time fairly soon.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.