Main Menu

New U.S Dredd

Started by Bad City Blue, 08 January, 2016, 04:25:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad City Blue

Has anyone else read it?

It's sort of good, as in it's a nice, original story, but as usual with American creators it just doesn't seem quite right.

I do like Dredd being called 'Judge dad' though...
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

james newell

I am reading it and I love it! McDaid's art is wonderful, sure it been advertised by 2000ad also in the prog, so they are behind it too, i presume.

sheridan

W. R. Logan

I thought after there first attempt that IDW might have learnt a few things from their failure to get a Dredd comic right.
How wrong could I have been, truly awful and with 5 different covers it seems as if no matter how much we moaned about multiple covers in the 90's the comic companies are still trying to screw every fanboy as much as they can.

I've got this on order and will persevere til issue 3 and if it remains this bad then I'll pick up the issues in the bargain bins as I did for the initial IDW Dredd's.

W. R. Logan

After the first IDW Drrdd series died after 30 issues I was hoping for better with this reincarnation but if I thought the first issue was bad then it's a masterpiece compared to issue #2.
If this last 30 issues it'll be a miracle as it's so bad I can't even find one redeeming feature that I could cling to in hope of it getting better.

Bad City Blue

Gotta say issue two is not great storytelling, and I'm not keen on the art in general.

Dredd is ours, and there's a reason
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

Hawkmumbler

Mcdaids art is superb if nothing else, sadly it's tacked onto a story I just can't get behind.

W. R. Logan

If the art was good I might be able to persevere for a while but unfortunately it's not.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: W. R. Logan on 08 February, 2016, 09:04:45 PM
If the art was good I might be able to persevere for a while but unfortunately it's not.
Horses for courses.

W. R. Logan

And that horse needs shooting

Bolt-01

Ghost MacRoth

Not just his. I wouldn't go quite so far.....but I certainly ain't enjoying art or script at this point.

I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Jim_Campbell

Why are people buying a comic they're not enjoying? "This isn't Dredd!" Well, stop fucking buying it, then!

The Dredd in the Dredd comics you've always bought is the same Dredd as he was last week and will be next week. Nothing in these other titles remotely impinges on the Dredd comics you like — why are you wasting money on the ones you don't?

Baffling.

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: W. R. Logan on 09 February, 2016, 06:49:03 AM
And that horse needs shooting
How old are you, 15? Good christ man so Dan's art isn't to your taste but it sure as hell isn't objectively bad!

Ghost MacRoth

Simply put, how the fuck are we supposed to know if we like it or not if we don't buy it?  2 issues in.....I always hope for improvement, and am not so impatient that I'll sack it after 2 disappointing episodes.
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!