Main Menu

Fool Britannia

Started by Marbles, 11 November, 2004, 02:05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoD

I think Gordon has hit on Psi-Divisions very SPECIAL powers...the ability to control funding allocation - hard to see what else they bloody do apart from cause problems.

Bolt-01

Actually it makes perfect sense:

Persistant
Spending
nducement.
Division.

Bolt-01

GordonR

Or, if you want an in-story explanation for Psi-Divion's absence from Total War:

Psi-Division is pretty low in the Justice Department pecking order these days - remember, almost Hershey's first act as Chief Judge was to kick Psi-Div off the Council of Five after their complete failure to predict the Doomsday Scenario - so maybe they don't have the assets to do so much now.

Maybe Total War have their own psi-operatives, who are successfully mentally jamming any psi-searches for the bombs.  And maybe Total War members have had psi-blocks placed in their minds, preventing their thoughts from being read if they're captured.

Okay, most of this is bollocks, but if you're looking for a plot-convenient answer, there it is.

WoD

He's under THEIR control...it's obvious...fight it Gordon - FIGHT IT!!!

Dudley

And WHY haven't we yet seen Sewer-Div's contribution to The War Against Terror?

Floyd-the-k

I suppose Psi-Div always have the excuse that theirs is an inexact science. ermmm, maybe they`re all busy trying to stop that monster getting out of Andersen`s brain and destroying the world (never mind that MegaCity 1 is being destroyed around them)
 I like Gordon`s explanation better. As he says `if you want an in-story explanation` which I don`t particularly.
 As has been hinted above, if Psi Div could do their job perfectly, there wouldn`t be much of interest in MC1

Byron Virgo

"I suppose Psi-Div always have the excuse that theirs is an inexact science."

Typical shirkers answer that, isn't it? i mean, any other profession, and you'd be drummed out on your ear for that kind of attitude.

I mean, you wouldn't get a surgeon  saying:
"Whoops, sorry guvnor, thought it was your appendix. What do ya need a spleen for anyway? Still, inexact science, surgery, innit?"

Or a hitman:
"Cor blimey, you wanted me to shoot General DeGaul? I've only gone an done it to some other twat with a big nose and an almost fanatical hatred of the English instead. Bit inexact, the old political assasination game, dontcha' think?"

In fact there are only two real-world preofessions that I can think of that match this attitude:
mini-cab drivers, and pilots for the American military, who miss their designated targets so often that it makes you wonder exactly how much heroin they ingested in Berlin before the wall came down?