Previous topic - Next topic

The Sherman Kid

Isn't that what this forum is doing?

[/quote]
Yes, JUST this forum that's my pont
Quote from: pops1983 on 30 May, 2011, 06:46:54 PM
Quote from: The Sherman Kid on 30 May, 2011, 01:19:12 PM

Quote from: The Sherman Kid on 30 May, 2011, 01:19:12 PM
... but operating a complete vacuum is unwise.

Why? It's already been pointed out that the fanbase have practically bought their tickets anyway.

You want to know why I think they're being so secretive? This very forum.  If you want to blame someone for the lack of publicity, blame this forum and the (*edit) minority of impatient, short-sighted, self-important eejits, who think they know better than the professionals
Wow, where to start with this one.Well, firstly the idea is to ADD to the support base, a good website would be a big help.Secondly 'know better than the professionals', that's what you call White Coat Syndrome where people naturally defer to anyone with authority without thinking themselves.I work in advertising and come across Marketeers regularly and know that they only ever recommend an idea if it is THEIR idea or they can portray it to their client as their idea(otherwise it underminds their position -sad but true).Thirdly, the people on this forum know more about the Dredd universe than most, so clearly can give their opinion good or bad, that's a bit like shooting the messenger.There is no blame game, it is important to listen to the views of others that's all, and if on balance they have a point correct course accordingly -nobody is a smart arse on this forum :|

The Sherman Kid

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 30 May, 2011, 07:20:16 PM
QuoteTranslates to :Keep ALL comments positive at ALL times and dont dare question design elements of a bike for example and dont question professionals.Ever.

Or maybe: stop repeating the same tired 'I know better than the film company how to market a movie that they- not me- have invested many millions of pounds in' complaints, no matter how many times the reasons they are doing what they are doing are explained?
Missed this bit.Explained?Where, by who.Apart from posters like Joe Soap who have put a rationale to it and a quote from Jock , (leaving aside Michael who was given the  :-X treatment),NOTHING has been officially said THAT is our point.

vzzbux

They will give us what we need when they are good and ready. Just sit on your coat tails and be patient. All will be OK in the end.
This is the problem with the world today. Everything needs to be done yesterday.(I've got a wife like this)

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

mogzilla

Quote from: vzzbux on 30 May, 2011, 09:05:55 PM
They will give us what we need when they are good and ready. Just sit on your coat tails and be patient. All will be OK in the end.
This is the problem with the world today. Everything needs to be done yesterday.(I've got a wife like this)

V

with my xbox being awol for a month and yet another "trim" that needs to grow out i am learning patience

Richmond Clements

Quote from: The Sherman Kid on 30 May, 2011, 08:57:08 PM
Quote from: Richmond Clements on 30 May, 2011, 07:20:16 PM
QuoteTranslates to :Keep ALL comments positive at ALL times and dont dare question design elements of a bike for example and dont question professionals.Ever.

Or maybe: stop repeating the same tired 'I know better than the film company how to market a movie that they- not me- have invested many millions of pounds in' complaints, no matter how many times the reasons they are doing what they are doing are explained?
Missed this bit.Explained?Where, by who.Apart from posters like Joe Soap who have put a rationale to it and a quote from Jock , (leaving aside Michael who was given the  :-X treatment),NOTHING has been officially said THAT is our point.

Jesus christ. I give up.

JOE SOAP

Why people feel they are entitled to be privy to the details/whys/wherefores of something they have no current worthy involvement in is worrying, asking why their 'concerns' haven't been acknowledged by said parties is tantamount to delusion. Do these people troll other companies demanding they reveal their new products before they hit the market? It shows that the geek mentality can manifest as illness and stunt one's mental growth. It'll be a 'conspiracy' next.

Peter Wolf

Nothing official has been said concerning the promotion but what i was told by others here seemed reasonable and plausable so i was happy to accept it rather than going on about it further.

I do this quite a lot regarding political type stuff where you very rarely have the official reason why so you have to either work it out for yourself or go with the explanation that makes the most sense until you get more information as continually asking the same question isnt really productive.

Anyway people are going to sound off about things on the internet wehter they know anything about the subject or not so getting worked up over that is just pointless.I am not preaching as i am guilty of both.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

JOE SOAP

We can all be guilty of impatience but there's no reasoning with some 'tools'.

The Sherman Kid

Joe whenever anyone circumvents/disagress with your arguments you descend into sniping 'trolls', 'tools' et al ::).No-one said they were 'entitled' and if no-one gave ,or could give ,an opinion on matters they have 'no current worthy involvement with' as you put it , who would bother to take an interest in anything ???
Look some posters disagree with the way things are being done -live with it

TordelBack

JOE SOAP

Quote from: The Sherman Kid on 31 May, 2011, 03:03:35 AMLook some posters disagree with the way things are being done -live with it

The irony kills me.

Hoagy

I've decided that there is a certain course these film-makers are taking. Due to costs and complications and man hours, it's best to leave all promotion until the fat lady sings over the film production itself.Once they have a finely crafted artefact of the viewing and hearing middle medium of cinema, the concentration on promotion will proceed. Until then there is a budget to not gamble with, every penny counts and doing one thing at a time must be the wisest move all round.

Stands to reason.
Sits to disapproval.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Spaceghost

I can just picture a crowd of sour faced, disapproving nerds, arms folded, shaking their heads and muttering, "come on then you highly experienced, professional film-makers, it's about time you showed us, the REAL FANS, what you've been up to, don't you think?"

Er, no. Just wait and let the meticulously planned release schedule run it's course. They know what they're doing. You don't have the first idea.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Richmond Clements

QuoteEr, no. Just wait and let the meticulously planned release schedule run it's course. They know what they're doing. You don't have the first idea.

Yeah, but why don't the release any picture now? ... and so on until the heat death of the universe...

mogzilla

if they hadnt stuck that piccy on 'ere none of this wouldve 'appened. ;)