Main Menu

CAM KENNEDY 'Light And Darkness War' color art for sale...

Started by blackmocco, 23 March, 2011, 10:46:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackmocco

Hey folks. I know Cam's the only link to 2000ad here and the art's not 2000ad related but just wanted to get some sense of whether people might be interested in it...? Beautiful page, all inks and washes. I'll stick a link up to it tomorrow but curious to see is anyone here might want it.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

eggonlegs

eggonlegs

I, Cosh

I think it would be safe to assume people will be interested.
We never really die.

blackmocco

www.BLACKMOCCO.com

Steven Sterlacchini

I bought the comics when they were out.

Beautiful colour work.

So good, that I doubt I could afford it. Good luck with the sale.

blackmocco

Quote from: The Cosh on 23 March, 2011, 11:03:41 PM
I think it would be safe to assume people will be interested.

Good to know then. Just wasn't sure if the artwork should be specifically 2000ad related. Link up tomorrow.

www.BLACKMOCCO.com

blackmocco

Quote from: Minty on 23 March, 2011, 11:05:44 PM

Beautiful colour work.

You'd be surprised. I ended up with the page for free so not looking to rip anyone a new one with the price. Rather implausibly, it and a few others were discovered lying behind a filing cabinet in a comic store in Dublin a good few years back. Only got the one though. God knows what happened to the rest...

www.BLACKMOCCO.com

Emperor

Quote from: blackmocco on 23 March, 2011, 11:08:06 PM
Quote from: Minty on 23 March, 2011, 11:05:44 PM

Beautiful colour work.

You'd be surprised. I ended up with the page for free so not looking to rip anyone a new one with the price. Rather implausibly, it and a few others were discovered lying behind a filing cabinet in a comic store in Dublin a good few years back. Only got the one though. God knows what happened to the rest...

Coo. What a find!!

One of the recent videos listed elsewhere show Cam Kennedy working on it and it looks even more amazing "in the flesh" as it were.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Proudhuff

Link away! there's always a lot of lurve here for Cam the Man...

p.s great website, nice Dredd and fabby Lemmy artwork too!
DDT did a job on me

mygrimmbrother

That Dino comic for the Mexico project is seriously impressive man, love it.

ming

I'm a huge Cam Kennedy fan (as some here will no doubt know) so I'm very eager to see this bit of art, even if it goes elsewhere.  Cam's a legendary artist and a complete gent and the Light and Darkness War was a revelation when it came out; stunning, stunning work.  I re-read it a couple of months back and it's every bit as good as I remembered.

I'm sure there'd be many who'd jump at the chance to get an original page from this, me included!

(I've a few, highly treasured, 2000AD Cam Kennedy pages, all in my CAF gallery - linked below if anyone's interested)

blackmocco

Here she is: http://www.flickr.com/photos/37219663@N00/5556046121/

Photo's a bit blurry but the page is in great condition. Just kept it tucked away inside a giant binder for the last fifteen years or so.

Yeah Ming, I love how gritty and dirty Cam's style is. I suppose Dave Gibbons is the definitive Rogue artist but Cam really made it his own and I love the artwork he did for L&DW and the Dark Horse Star Wars stuff. Not thrilled to be getting rid of this piece to be honest, as I can see the amount of work that went into it but I figure if I haven't had this framed and hanging by now, I should probably find it a good home.

Thanks for the kind words regarding my blog, folks. Much appreciated.

www.BLACKMOCCO.com

ming

Nice page!  And I completely agree with your view of Cam's work on Rogue.  Colin Wilson comes a close second for me; work on stuff like The Marauders... Hhrrrrrnnnn... Awesome.

blackmocco

Quote from: ming on 24 March, 2011, 07:40:48 PM
Nice page!  And I completely agree with your view of Cam's work on Rogue.  Colin Wilson comes a close second for me; work on stuff like The Marauders... Hhrrrrrnnnn... Awesome.

This is going to sound kinda stupid, but I always wondered what Wilson had against drawing Rogue without a helmet. Seriously, every time Helm comes off, Wilson seemed to go out of his way to avoid drawing the top of Rogue's head. Having it off panel or covering it in shade. Anyway.

Yeah, that Marauders stuff is fucking class. But for me, all through the mid-300's(?) with Rogue getting up close to the Traitor General was just sublime stuff from Cam. Really made it his own.

Anyways, I dunno if anyone's interested in this piece but I'm accepting offers. Anything reasonable considered. Not much to go on price-wise as I can't find any other examples of work from this series.

www.BLACKMOCCO.com