Main Menu

Hello from a brazilian fan!

Started by AcoyShujo, 24 June, 2015, 04:44:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AcoyShujo

Greetings!

I'm not quite sure where to start, but here I go... My name is Gabriel and I'm from Brazil.
I am a big fan of 2000 AD, and here few things have been launched but it was enough for me to create a love.
My favorite character is Judge Dredd, and I created a blog to publish reviews and news (all in portuguese) named 2000 AD Brasil (https://2000adbrasil.wordpress.com/).
We have a magazine being published monthly (Judge Dredd Megazine), and I hope to be welcome here in the Forum!

Oh, and sorry any mistakes in my English. It's not perfect but I'm learning.

Cheers!

COMMANDO FORCES

Welcome aboard Gabriel, I've read your blog via google translate, great work!
As for your Megazine, I see the covers pop up online every month and Tharg has done a great choice with the contents and cover art. It's great to see a dedicated readership in Brazil.

Keep up the fantastic work and have some fun on the mother forum ;)

Colin YNWA

My Portugeuse is poor (certainly compared to your excellent English ... well when you consider mine and I was born here!) but that looks like a fine blog.

I'm very interest to hear how you get 2000ad in Brazil. We saw some information about the Judge Dredd monthly a while ago, but I would find it very interesting to learn how its been packaged before.

AcoyShujo

Thanks, guys!

Well, I remember that some years ago (maybe 2013) Juiz Dredd Megazine (our version) was reported on the 2000 AD site.
Basically our Juiz Dredd Megazine is a 2000 AD with another title. The published series are: a lot of Dredd (of course), Nikolai Dante, Grey Area, Aquila, Sláine, Rogue Trooper and short stories (like Future Shocks). Our publisher also launched hardcovers like "Judge Dredd Origins" and "Judge Dredd Mandroid". "The Ballad of Halo Jones" will be released next month!
The magazine takes the name of Dredd because he is the best known character around here (thanks to movies and other things that came out).

Other publishers have launched some things years ago. Going back to the 70s they left some magazines called "Ano 2000", were basically the first progs of 2000 AD. Then we saw the crossovers with Batman. In the early 2000s we saw Zenith, Sláine The Horned God, Skizz, DR & Quinch and a few things of Dredd (Heavy Metal Dredd and some classics like the Dark Judges and stories drawn by Ron Smith). But these things never reached the general public.
So I created my blog to try to win more fans  :D

ZenArcade

Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Big_Dave

Quote from: AcoyShujo on 24 June, 2015, 07:04:27 AM
In the early 2000s we saw Zenith

Thats where all those pulped books went!  :lol: Juiz Dredd looks great

Dandontdare

Welcome to the board AcoyShujo - fantastic to see thrillpower reaching all corners of the world!