Main Menu

2023 Advent Comments

Started by Trooper McFad, 01 December, 2023, 06:22:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Lambert

QuoteI had to look up the inspiration and it's that classic McMahon Charles Darwin Block cover.

You got it Le Fink - it's my festive homage to McMahon's classic cover.

Judge Woody

Have found 10, hope there are no more, my eyes are going squiffy

Fortnight

I think my eyes have gone squiffy 'cos I've now found 10.5

Dash Decent

Thanks Andy, that's great.  My usual method for Spot the Difference puzzles is to flick my eyes rapidly back and forth between the same spot in each picture multiple times.  Side by side makes it much easier to do.

It's such a great image.  Is the Dredd in your picture based on the 3A figure?

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Andy Lambert

QuoteIs the Dredd in your picture based on the 3A figure?

I did, yeah - kinda ironic that I used my toy Dredd figure to depict him surrounded by giant toys...

Trooper McFad

Up super early to let the dog out and decide to check my phone and low and behold Santa's little helpers had been working their little socks off!!

TLS we get 2 great little patcels and a great big one which turns out to be only part of the overall gift!

I don't know why but I have an image of Mrs Snow as Mrs Doubtfire (but she's a she and not a cross dresser 😳) Maybe it's too early in the morning. Anyway looking forward to the next instalment TSL.

Then we have another great little Dash's Doubles and a Funt quiz. Every day's like Christmas morning
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

broodblik

Festive prog covers, part 02:

Left to right, top to bottom
1. Simon Davis
2. Mark Farmer
3. Liam McCormack-Sharp
4. Simon Harrison
5. Jim McCarthy ????
6. Richard Dolan
7. Colin MacNeil
8. Richard Dolan
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Trooper McFad

Andy that's got a bit of IT feeling to it - small child lured away by utter evil in both cases both hope to see someone "nice"

Very good
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

JohnW

Every time I see TLS I think Times Literary Supplement and I get confused.

I looked at the Cursed Earth stocking filler just before I went to bed last night. A mistake? Possibly. I drifted off asking myself, 'What's in the parcel? A goodwill gift commemorating the 2T(FRU)T outbreak? And Hershey sends Dredd to deliver it by hand? What's wrong with her? Just because the poor bastard crawled through the Mojave Desert once doesn't mean he should have to do it again. Couldn't a simple disciplinary do instead?'
And after a troubled sleep I'm expected to click on that musical link? Do you take me for a simpleton, Shark? I click on that and a curse is uttered or something. At best I'll come away with a horrible case of earworm. I can already hear it: it's the sound of Cliff Richard, Noddy Holder and Shakin Stevens being killed with knives to a backing of synthesised sleighbells.

I like the script, though. It has wit, and a brevity that keeps me from losing the narrative threads.
Get Dash, Hoagy, and Andy to draw it up for you. I bet they'd be happy to do it for a box of Quality Street.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

staticgirl

Le Fink

Shark: it's more RED than John Wick. Looking forward to the next instalment.

Funt Solo

Quote from: broodblik on 08 December, 2023, 06:54:44 AMFestive prog covers, part 02:

1. Simon Davis
2. Mark Farmer
3. Liam McCormack-Sharp
4. Simon Harrison
5. Jim McCarthy ????
6. Richard Dolan
7. Colin MacNeil
8. Richard Dolan

1. Simon Davis  GREXNIX!
2. Mark Farmer  ZARJAZ!
3. Liam McCormack-Sharp  ZARJAZ!
4. Simon Harrison ZARJAZ!
5. Jim McCarthy ZARJAZ!
6. Richard Dolan ZARJAZ!
7. Colin MacNeil ZARJAZ!
8. Richard Dolan ZARJAZ!
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

The Legendary Shark

Thanks, everyone, much appreciated. And thanks also to everyone who joined in  :D

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Andy Lambert

Yet more wonderful entries to the calendar - very nice Tharg submission from Mr Campbell, an interesting music video from TLS - cheers for that!  :lol:  I've yet to read the story but I will get stuck into it. Lovely snowmen Christmas cards from Woody, more zarjaz classic covers shared by Mr Solo bringing back some long distant memories,  and as always, Mr Decent keeps bring the festive cheer! Well done all round!

As promised, here are the answers to the spot the difference picture - I'm sorry, I know they were REALLY difficult! If I ever do this again I'll be a bit less evil about it...