Main Menu

Last movie watched...

Started by SmallBlueThing, 04 February, 2011, 12:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buttonman

Safety Not Guaranteed - time travel drama where we don't know if the man is a nutter or actually has a time machine. Decent stuff with Aubrey Plaza off 'Parks and Recreation'.

Also saw Weekender on Netflix which is about as crappy a film as you can see.

JudgeOiNK!

The Lost World: Jurassic Park - it has its detractors but I loved it.  Definitely one of my fave sequels of all time, Goldblum makes the movie and the tension and jumps are still there.  I remember seeing it in the cinema and while the initial wow factor couldn't be repeated, obviously, it still blew me away.  Before the cinema I'd kept away from trailers (as I continue to do today when there's a film coming out I'm really looking forward to) so I'd no idea about the San Diego bit - a brilliant surprise!  Thought in later years I saw the two deleted scenes on DVD and I wish they'd kept them in, they added a good bit of character to the hunter, and a nice lot of background to InGen.

However, I watched this on ITV2 on Sunday night.  This is a PG certificate film (albeit it one with a special warning in the cinema a la Jaws and the first Jurassic Park), parents took their kids to see it etc., however when ITV show it between 7:30pm and 10pm(!!) they feel we need protected and they trimmed the hell out of it!  Hate that.
Blog - http://the-oink-blog.blogspot.co.uk

Twitter - @PhilEdBoyce

Buttonman

The noir fest continues with Walk the Dark Street. Also saw the miserable 'The Skeleton Twins' - depressed siblings try kill themselves and the Anna Kendrick singing fest 'The Last Five Years' which was OK but could have done with a few catchier songs.

blackmocco

Jupiter Ascending. As dreadful as you've heard. Ghastly.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

DaveGYNWA

Peas sell. But who's Brian?

Professor Bear

Quote from: JudgeOiNK! on 03 June, 2015, 01:22:34 PM
The Lost World: Jurassic Park - it has its detractors but I loved it.

I always thought that bit where the film doesn't even bother showing how they escaped the van dangling off the edge of the cliff was really cheap.  Years later when it was on in a mate's house, I realised I'd fallen asleep during that bit.

My favorite is still Jurassic Park III - fuck all y'all.

ThryllSeekyr

On the Disney channel the other day. I watched most of one of the latest versions Winnie The Pooh before I couldn't stand it any looker and switched channels. 

Why?

Because I like the idea behind the Hundred Acre Wood. It might be a great pace in real life, but where heck would have kangaroo, tiger and elephant where the bear and al the others. 

Ghost MacRoth

Cuban Fury

Usually hate these kind of feel-good romps. However, it had Nick Frost in it, so made all the difference! Rather enjoyed it overall.
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

blackmocco

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 05 June, 2015, 12:03:15 AM
It might be a great pace in real life, but where heck would have kangaroo, tiger and elephant where the bear and al the others.

That is the question.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: blackmocco on 05 June, 2015, 12:08:48 AM
It might be a great pace in real life, but where heck would have kangaroo, tiger and elephant where the bear and al the others.

That is the question.

Yeah, I figured this was set in America except for the Elephants, Tigers and Roos  :-\

Quote from: M.I.K.

Most of them are toys.

Oh... :-\

The Legendary Shark

Birdman. I can't decide whether this film is crap or genius.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JamesC

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 05 June, 2015, 12:50:14 AM

That is the question.

Yeah, I figured this was set in America except for the Elephants, Tigers and Roos  :-\

Most of them are toys.

:lol:
Don't worry TS - I've never read Winnie The Pooh either!

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: White Falcon on 05 June, 2015, 06:29:18 AM
Birdman. I can't decide whether this film is crap or genius.

Birdman film?

The one about the wash up actor who was birdman super hero....

I had soft spot this one for the reason I used earlier when I reviewed the film here.

I forget the actors name, but thought his voice over right at the beginning was very cool. Might in been better if he mixed his Batman voice in it with a little of his BettleJuice[ voice as well.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: JamesC on 05 June, 2015, 07:57:49 AM
Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 05 June, 2015, 12:50:14 AM

That is the question.

Most of them are toys.

:lol:
Don't worry TS - I've never read Winnie The Pooh either!

I once found a copy of the [b[Tao of Pooh[/b] on a beach, and since nobody was there at the time. I decided it was up for grabs and took it. I had to discard it later when I accidently dropped it down the bowl of a toilet on a bus on the way home.   :(