Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

Best I get a new dictionary as the definition of murder must've changed.

M.I.K.

Nope. It still means to premeditatively kill folk in an unlawful way.

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 19 August, 2016, 08:15:36 PMI'm not a Blair fan but he's not a murderer, otherwise after all these findings, wouldn't he be in prison by now.

People are trying...

Grugz

irrespective of any blame, intelligence or what ever,would we have been better leaving saddam Hussein alone to murder his own people while he shat on a gold bog and not gotten involved? granted it didn't go down quite as well as it could with more murderous sods coming out of the woodwork to claim the power as their own but then again I cannot honestly think of a time in my 45 years on this earth when the middle east hasn't been at war with each other.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Professor Bear

Perhaps if we didn't constantly stick our oar in and sell arms to various actors in the region, Grugz, things might be a bit calmer.

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 19 August, 2016, 08:15:36 PM
I'm not a Blair fan but he's not a murderer, otherwise after all these findings, wouldn't he be in prison by now.

You seem to be suggesting he doesn't enjoy the protection of the office of Prime Minister.  He is indeed a murderer many thousand times over, it's just that no-one will allow him to be arrested or prosecuted.
See also: mass murderer and Auschwitz fan Iain Duncan Smith.

Hawkmumbler

Was Hitler a mass murder despite probably never going near let alone activating a gas chamber?

I think we can all agree he was. Blair doesn't get to be any different.

Grugz

Bear, I very much doubt it, they'd get their hands on weapons no matter what.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Grugz on 19 August, 2016, 11:11:44 PM
Bear, I very much doubt it, they'd get their hands on weapons no matter what.

So it's all right that we sold them, then? Seems like a complete abdication of moral responsibility to me.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Professor Bear

The UK and others deliberately destabilise the region on a regular basis so they can loot it, and they do this by means other than arms sales.  Every so often, for instance, we like to toss a generation of our kids at the place to see what happens.

Frank

Quote from: Grugz on 19 August, 2016, 10:54:53 PM
I cannot honestly think of a time in my 45 years on this earth when the middle east hasn't been at war with each other

Might as well bomb the fuck out of the civilian population, then.

I cannot honestly think of a time in my 100 years on this earth when the UK hasn't been at war with another country, which means anyone who fancies destroying our civil infrastructure and economy should feel free:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_conflicts_involving_the_United_Kingdom#United_Kingdom_of_Great_Britain_and_Northern_Ireland_.281922.E2.80.93present.29

JOE SOAP

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 19 August, 2016, 08:15:36 PMI'm not a Blair fan but he's not a murderer, otherwise after all these findings, wouldn't he be in prison by now.

An inquiry is not a prosecution which is why others must investigate the findings for a possible case against -

THE LEGAL CASE:

As the Chilcot Report says, the lawfulness of state officials' actions can "only be resolved by a properly constituted and internationally recognised court". However:

A referral to the International Criminal Court is not possible.

The British state almost certainly will not carry out any arrests or bring criminal proceedings.

Parliamentary action such as impeachment or contempt of parliament will not result in a conviction.

https://www.crowdjustice.co.uk/case/chilcot/

Theblazeuk

Iraq was safer and much wealthier before any American intervention. It was Americans, their support for Saddam, and later their war and sanctions on him that made Iraq such a terrible place to live. It then shouldn't come as a surprise that Iraqis had grown sick of their way of life. So much so that they sat back and watched America "save" them from its own doing.

http://www.businessinsider.com/heres-what-life-in-iraq-was-like-under-saddam-hussein-2014-7?IR=T

There's a lot of similar stuff about. It's interesting to see how regressive the places we've liberated become.

The Legendary Shark

'Mr. Brexit' Nigel Farage Speaks at Donald Trump Rally in Jackson, MS

"It's time for the USA to exit the Earth and move to Mars - only then will y'all be safe from terrorism, financial crises and reality. USexit - you know it makes sense..."
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Hawkmumbler

I wouldn't rush to the hoses if someone where to set fire to that stage...

The Legendary Shark

You couldn't set fire to them - they're too wet.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]