Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

People seem to be developing an increased preference for people isolation without acknowledging the inherent dangers historically have been demonstrated through it.

soggy

Shark did you even read the article you linked to? Nowhere did it suggest an EU army, the only shared resources mentioned were transport aircraft. The 2% spend on defence is the NATO standard. The EU defence procurement cooperation already exists.

And anyway until the UK finally leaves the British government would still have a veto in Europe, so how the hell could troops be ordered into the UK.

Theblazeuk

Given the choice between an American vassal or chipping in with our neighbours....

Hawkmumbler

Glancing at the "family" copy of the mail today i'm struck by how absolutely disgusting it's lowered itself once again. Victim blaming aimed at Jo Cox is utterly disgusting.

IndigoPrime

I've no idea about the paper copy, but the online story was literal terrorist sympathising. Instead of noting a right-wing lunatic murdered an MP, it essentially said: but what if he thought immigrants were going to take away his house (the one he actually wasn't really entitled to anyway, due to the 'bedroom tax'), and what if the MP in question had not been hugely sympathetic to this WHITE BRITISH MAN?

It's hard to think how that rag could sink any lower. It must be clawing at the core of the Earth by now.

Modern Panther

Hawkmumbler

IndigoPrime

Fucking. Hell. He has NO RIGHT to that role. Why is everyone playing up to this arsehole? Gah.

TordelBack

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 25 November, 2016, 12:04:33 PMHe has NO RIGHT to that role.

Standing in for Katie Hopkins?  As Thorin Oakenshield might say, he has the ONLY right.

More seriously, it's fecking disgraceful.  I still can't quite convince myself that Farage isn't just one of Mainwearing's petty antagonists in Dad's Army.

Dandontdare

I've heard him referred to as our "shambassador" today

Grugz

Quote from: Modern Panther on 25 November, 2016, 10:43:28 AM
HOW IS THIS A THING?!

I keep seeing him as saddam Hussein in satans pocket a la south park the movie!
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Tjm86

See my thing is this.  We have Boris Johnson as foreign minister.  Tony Blair as Middle East Peace Ambassador. Exactly how much further is it stretching credibility to think that Nigel Farage would make a good ambassador to our Lords and Masters in the states.  Certainly you can understand why other countries might think it was a contender for 'sound thinking by those Brits'.

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Modern Panther

Decades of Hugh Grant films have worked.  The Americans have been convinced that an English accent and stuttering delivery mean you're talented and intelligent. 

CrazyFoxMachine

The Twitterverse is alive with strawmen - it's like a miniaturize-the-Wickerman-finale contest out there and there.

The criticisms levelled at Fidel's Cuba are only interesting in what they reveal about the tolerance the person levelling them has for their own countries flaws. For instance - some folk saying "WELL... HE MET WITH GADDAFI IF THAT'S NOT PROOF OF HOW BAD HE IS I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS"

But

who

didn't?