Main Menu

Charley's War - Art Print from Rebellion

Started by Colin YNWA, 23 November, 2020, 01:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Interesting - Rebellion are releasing a limited edition art print from the pages of Charley's War

https://2000ad.com/news/original-charleys-war-art-limited-edition-screen-print/?fbclid=IwAR0qnqxdCiForjhTXFhNJx8lAWjyuf_jKkQcFQNijHnYyoCs6_yk9Gc0CKI

Since I doubt I'll own an original page anytime soon and this feels like its as close as I'll get I'm tempted but it does carry a very heavy price tag. Also its an interesting choice of page. Its a beautiful ariel combat page no doubt but its not really a goopd choice as representing the strip. I've no idea the factors that lead to the selection of this page. Clearly what was available to Rebellion, what they felt would appeal, might be what page made best use of the printing process??? I've no idea. Probably the fact its not a page I'd especially loves means I might miss this. But its an interesting route for them to go down so wish it well.

Barrington Boots

This is stunning but too dear for me for a reproduction.

I like the choice of page - Charley's War is a strip of such well-rendered complete horror that there's only a few pages of it I'd like to have actually on display, if that makes sense.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Dandontdare

Nice, but it's a no at those prices I'm afraid.

judgeurko

Nellgrove

I love the idea of this and love Charley's War, it's not something I'd want on my wall though. The Bristol board variant seems reasonably priced compared to other prints and if we had some classic 2000AD pages done in this format I would likely get one.

Magnetica

Wow that's expensive. About the same price as the entire Zenith Apex Edition.

sixmo

I watched the making of youtube video and I was kind of hypnotised I must admit!