Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerrin

Shit news Noisy, hope things start looking up soon mate.

Bolt-01

Bloody Hell. Sorry to hear this Matt. Best to all.

Dave

Albion

Sorry to see so many having a bad time. Best wishes to you all.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Gavin_Leahy_Block

So sorry to see that Noisy. My best wishes to you.

SmallBlueThing

That's dreadful, Noisy- my best wishes to you and your family.

SBT

Bolt-01

Life is currently spuggy as I've had to have some hefty dental work on a broken Molar- which is currently meaning I'm having to time meals with pain medication to allow me to close my jaw!

Noisybast

Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

paddykafka

Well, look on the bright side: your dentist could have been the Mengele character from 'The Marathon Man' movie. That scene still gives me the willies no matter how many times I see it!

Roger Godpleton

I farted in bed and now my duvet cover smells of farts. I got farts all up in my face.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 07 February, 2011, 11:00:26 PM
I have farted in bed,
and so now my duvet cover smells of farts.

I have expressed your pain as a Haiku for you. No charge.
You may quote me on that.

Keef Monkey

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 07 February, 2011, 11:00:26 PM
I farted in bed and now my duvet cover smells of farts. I got farts all up in my face.

That's how you get pinkeye.

Life spugs big time today because my mum's dog Ally has cancer. She's had it for a while and has been going through treatment for a couple of months, but while the cancer itself doesn't seem to be causing her many problems yet the treatment seems to be making her ill. So basically it's been decided to stop treating it, and they don't really know how long she'll last. She's a brilliant wee pooch and one of the family so we're all gutted.

Bit of a sob story I know, but it feels bloody awful.

vzzbux

Yeh its quite a jerker when a long lived pet goes, When my mums pooch (A jack russel/Corgi cross) finally went it was like losing a family member. We had him from when I was seven or eight from a pup and he finally went roughly 18 years later. It was weird because towards the end he started trying to run away. One time we got a phone call from the local police station that they had our dog in one of their cells, We nick named him Captain Incontinent in his old age. He eventually disappeared and never returned.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Keef Monkey

Yeah, it does feel like losing a person. You don't really think about this stuff when you get a pet. 18 years is a hell of a good run though, Captain Incontinent must have lived some life! My childhood dog got put down for jumping someone's fence and impregnating their pedigree lab (twice). My dad didn't want to pay the vet's bills a third time (the owner had some kind of morning after treatment done) and instead of just having him fixed he got him put down out of the blue. Always pissed me off I wasn't told or consulted on that one.

At least this way we've got some warning so can treat Ally like a pampered queen for however long she's around!

mogzilla

sad news man, we had our faithful pooch put down before christmas. hurts like hell we should have done it weeks ago but kept him going probably for our own selfihness when it wouldve been kinder to do what was right for him.

Bolt-01

In my time I've taken two much loved dogs to the vets for a last goodbye- and it is possibly the hardest part of having a dog. My thoughts to you and yours.

In other news I'm now on two types of antibiotic as I've got an infection in the root filling- which is even spuggier is that as the root filling is closed they've given me some really strong shit that if I'm not careful is going to really fuck me up for a day or two while it does its job. Just in time for the weekend when I was planning on visiting Mini-bolt at Uni to watch True Grit!