Main Menu

Recent posts

Suggestions / Re: Judge Dredd TV series
Last post by Steve H - Today at 11:37:36 AM
I think everyone here want's it to happen. Is there anything we can do collectively to support this endeavour and help make the TV show a reality ?
General / Re: Mega City Book Club - a ne...
Last post by Eamonn Clarke - Today at 08:54:20 AM
Thanks, guys

Here are a couple of wonderful Ian Kennedy grail pages from Warlord chosen by Colin.

Books & Comics / Re: Completely Self-absorbed T...
Last post by PsychoGoatee - Today at 06:45:54 AM
Nice! That podcast sounds fun too.
Off Topic / Re: Boys Adventure comic blog
Last post by Richard S. - Today at 06:40:06 AM
Here's a treat - yes, it's a post all about a Mighty world of Marvel promotional plastic bag - what a treat for a Saturday!

https://boysadventurecomics.blogspot.com/2024/04/comic-shop-bags-marvel-uk.html
General / Re: Forthcoming Thrills - 2024
Last post by broodblik - Today at 04:25:49 AM
Coming to the Meg in July:

More action and adventure in the future-shocked world of Judge Dredd! An alien entity is loose in Mega-City One in "Hive" by Ian Edginton & Kevin West; Brit-Cit detective Armitage has an old enemy gunning for him in in "Bullets For an Old Man" by Liam Johnson & Warren Pleece; there's more action on the streets of Cal-Hab in Harrower Squad: "Urban Rotation" by David Baillie & Steve Yeowell; the presence of a Judge initiates a night of violence in Dreadnoughts: "Nothing to Fear" by Mike Carroll & John Higgins; and there's psychic criminality in Mega-City 2099: "The Cuckoos" by Ken Niemand & Conor Boyle. Plus interviews, features and much more!

General / Re: Forthcoming Thrills - 2024
Last post by broodblik - Today at 04:24:55 AM
Coming to the prog in July:

Incredible SF action from the Eisner-nominated UK anthology! A mysterious stranger comes to Mega-City One in Judge Dredd: "The Bam-Hunters" by Ken Niemand & Neil Googe, and then there's a robot uprising in "Machine Rule" by John Wagner & Colin MacNeil; Bridget obsessively interrogates in Brink: "Consumed" by Dan Abnett & INJ Culbard; Rogue Trooper follows a voice on the airwaves in "Souther Belle," by Geoffrey D. Wessel & Dan Cornwell; and there's two new series in the shape of folk-horror thriller Herne & Shuck: Suffer the Children by David Barnett & Lee Milmore, and alien apocalypse "Silver" by Mike Carroll & Joe Currie!

Announcements / Re: 2000 AD - The Ultimate Col...
Last post by Hackenbush - Today at 01:00:56 AM
I would love some less expected volumes:
Mark Millar - Maniac 5 / Silo / Canon Fodder - can fill it up with future shocks
Chris Weston - Canon Fodder with Dredd/Rogue/Robo hunter stories that are not in the collections
Peter Doherty - Dredd volume
Peter Hogan - Robo Hunter and Timehouse
Garth Ennis - Time flies & Chopper (including the Martin Emond drawn one off)
Ron Smith - all the classic dredds that have been skipped

What I really want that will never happen is to have all the odds and ends of John smith stories that are missing to be collected - including the text stories. I don't know if that is enough for a volume but I want it anyway.
Help! / Re: Rebellion and Rights to Ea...
Last post by Steve Green - 26 April, 2024, 10:10:07 PM
I don't think there's enough interest to warrant the expense.

Vagueness about rights + these kinds of stories get reprints because they already exist (bar scanning and any repro tidying)

It would depend on whoever wanting to publish it, prove it, then probably running a kickstarter to pay for everything else, that hitting the target etc.

Seems more trouble than its worth - more than Carlos changing Lobo out for the Bob the Galactic Bum story.
Prog / Re: Prog 2379 - Humanity on th...
Last post by Funt Solo - 26 April, 2024, 07:14:42 PM
Cover: sort of last week's cover. This is happening a lot these days.

Fudge Bread vs. Mega-Shako: Dredd should take some advice from Vito Corleone - never tell your enemy what you're thinking! This also leads to a bit of a parsing crime (5 months cube-time, Williams!) with Dredd's unwieldy "I promise you this, however, creep: I will get you back to the city and you'll see the inside of a cube for what you've done." Parsing crimes aside, this is till solid gold.

Blackhawk: More parsing criminality here, but then it is hell. Perhaps Titivillus has bled over from the Megazine. "For fear is the true chains that keep us slaves"? I know, I know - you can't say "for fears are the true chains", and you can't say "fear is the true chain". Anyway, it was a tense moment for Spartacus, so we can forgive him. Unless we're Hannibal.

■■■■■: somehow some people meeting and walking through some hallways is thrillingly disturbing and works as a terrible cliffhanger full of foreboding for the horrors to come.

Periwinkle Supreme - entirely worth it for the "malignant Mr. Punch outbreak". (And as long as Depp's a balloon, we can carry on.)

Salamander Irk - even worse, emotionally, than Maitland! But is it as final as it looks?

---

In the pipe, five by five. And a win for Titivillus.
Help! / Re: Rebellion and Rights to Ea...
Last post by M.I.K. - 26 April, 2024, 05:07:16 PM
RE: Doomlord photo strips...

You could always get someone to redraw them.