Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sintec

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 27 February, 2023, 12:13:20 PMI think Bellardinelli's lovely artwork is far better in the risible part 2 than in part 1.

On the flipside though, we could use more Henry Moon!

Yeah I think book 2 plays towards Bellarindelli's strength for crazy alien worlds and weird creatues a lot more than book 1 did. If it wasn't for the art I think I'd have given up a couple of episodes in.

This one is definitely in the running for worst book in the collection for me. It's final position all hinges on Bad City Blue at this point.

Tomontherun94

Next three volumes are up on the Hachette site
145: Snow/Tiger: Pax Americana
146: Zenith Vol 1
147: Return To Armageddon

Dark Jimbo

Oh, nice! Looks like Snow/Tiger will also have Bendatti Vendetta (Morrison/Burns). Not sure why Abnett and Sullivan are on the cover though...?

141 -
142 -
143 -
144 -
145 -
146 -
147 -
148 -
149 – Age of the Wolf
150 -
151 -
152 -
153 – Return to Armageddon
154 – Mean Team
155 -
156 – Snow/Tiger
157 -
158 -
159 -
160 -
161 – Al's Baby
162 -
163 – Zenith volume I
164 – Zenith volume 2
165 -
166 -
167 -
168 -
169 -
170 -
171 -
172 -
173 -
174 -
175 -
176 -
177 -
178 -
179 – Dredd & Anderson
180 –

Also confirmed are; Armoured Gideon, Shako, Harlem Heroes (and presumably Inferno), Proteus Vex, more Lawless, Kingmaker, Shako, Durham Red (Worley/Willsher), Scarlet Traces, and a final book of Slaine. Tacitly but not definitely confirmed are Dan Dare and Mazeworld.
@jamesfeistdraws

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 28 February, 2023, 01:15:46 PMOh, nice! Looks like Snow/Tiger will also have Bendatti Vendetta (Morrison/Burns). Not sure why Abnett and Sullivan are on the cover though...?
Black Light?

Return to Armageddon must have that along with Project Overkill and Death Planet.

sintec

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 28 February, 2023, 01:56:44 PM
Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 28 February, 2023, 01:15:46 PMOh, nice! Looks like Snow/Tiger will also have Bendatti Vendetta (Morrison/Burns). Not sure why Abnett and Sullivan are on the cover though...?
Black Light?

Return to Armageddon must have that along with Project Overkill and Death Planet.

Can't say I'm excited to see Death Planet on the list - seem to recall that being a bit crap when I read it in a meg floppy.

Tomontherun94

Yup, looks like Black Light, Bendetti Vendetta, Death Planet and Project Overkill are included as well You cannot view this attachment.

IndigoPrime

Heh. I never thought to look at the tab titles.

sintec

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 01 March, 2023, 08:18:14 AMHeh. I never thought to look at the tab titles.

Same - although scanning back it looks like it's only a recent few which have been done that way.  A lot of the old ones are just random numbers.

The Monarch

a nice grouping of temporary (for their time) set spy stories

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: The Monarch on 01 March, 2023, 08:48:05 PMa nice grouping of temporary (for their time) set spy stories

Con-temporary...?

Yeah, that isn't a volume I'd have thought to put together, but it's going to be a nice little collection.
@jamesfeistdraws

The Monarch

Le Fink

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 28 February, 2023, 01:15:46 PM163 – Zenith volume I
164 – Zenith volume 2
I've picked up every issue of the ultimate collection so far, and can just about accommodate the next 40 on my straining shelves, but as I already have the nice Zenith hardbacks in what looks like a larger format, not sure I'll be getting these. Unless there's something profound in the back pages.

Bad Andy

Just finished the Fall of Deadworld books and they are GREAT. Way better than I was expecting. How much is missing from the collection?

Max Headroom

I have just been looking as to what will make the final cut in the forthcoming 'Dredd/Anderson' edition and think it will be some (but not all) of the following:

'Dredd: Urban Warfare' - Underbelly; Uprise; Top of the World, Ma-ma.
'Dredd: Final Judgement' - Furies; The Dead World.
'Dredd/Anderson: The Deep End' - Dust; The Deep End; Judgement Call.

By my reckoning, this is just too much material for one volume and something will have to be omitted. I hope I am wrong and it all makes it, but I am not confident. Does anyone else have the lowdown on this?

Tomontherun94

All those Dredd/Anderson strips come to a total of 252 pages. The volume is on the Hachette site listed as having 272 pages to it should fit the complete series in alongside intros, title pages and the usual essay.