Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard

Barrington Boots

I haven't read Thirteen, is it any good?
You're a dark horse, Boots.

rogue69

I've tried emailing them about the spine issue on Judge Dredd End of Days but they keep saying they cannot see any problem with it. Anyone else had any luck with them over this

AlexF

Thirteen is EXCELLENT - one of the best 'one and done' stories in the Prog. For me it's also when Andy Clarke went from 'really strong budding artist' to 'comics professional'.
But, you know, I'm a big apologist for Return to Armageddon so take that with a pinch of salt.

Barrington Boots

That's enough recommendation for me! Thanks Alex!
You're a dark horse, Boots.

IndigoPrime

"but they keep saying they cannot see any problem with it"

Did you send a photo? Mind you, I imagine their attention to detail on this isn't great. It's not the first spine flub.

Funt Solo

Quote from: AlexF on 11 August, 2023, 12:12:06 PMThirteen is EXCELLENT - one of the best 'one and done' stories in the Prog. For me it's also when Andy Clarke went from 'really strong budding artist' to 'comics professional'.
But, you know, I'm a big apologist for Return to Armageddon so take that with a pinch of salt.

Seconded.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Colin YNWA

Quote from: AlexF on 11 August, 2023, 12:12:06 PM...

There's no such thing as an apologist for 'Return to Armageddon' there's simply those that recognise its brilliance and those that are wrong!

rogue69

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 11 August, 2023, 01:20:45 PM"but they keep saying they cannot see any problem with it"

Did you send a photo? Mind you, I imagine their attention to detail on this isn't great. It's not the first spine flub.

Yes I sent them about 6 images

Tjm86

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 11 August, 2023, 03:16:31 PM
Quote from: AlexF on 11 August, 2023, 12:12:06 PM...

There's no such thing as an apologist for 'Return to Armageddon' there's simply those that recognise its brilliance and those that are wrong!

No, those that should be excommunicated and forced to walk the walk of shame with a billboard saying "I am utterly unable to recognise brilliance!"

Jade Falcon

I read Snow/Tiger...and I am disappointed.  I loved the first story...and it ended all too soon.  Black Light felt the same, and ditto with with the last story.  Three tales I loved and yet didn't get the coverage they deserved while stuff like Slaine got dragged out...
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Jade Falcon

Read Button Man.  Again, loved it, though the final showdown at the Senators estate seemed a little rushed and what happened to Cora, while maybe inevitable seemed a bit of a cop out.  Still, a good story.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Tomontherun94

Just got a replacement End Of Days, my original had some creased and damaged pages. Looks like the spine issue is not uniform across all copies as the new one still has it but is barely noticeable compared to the first

Hackenbush

New Issues up on Hachette site:
157 Damnation Station + Go Machine + Dead Signal  - Al Ewing Volume
158 Atavar + Road Kill  - Dan Abnett and Richard Elson
159 Harlem Heroes Volume 2 - the rest of Inferno

IndigoPrime

Some interesting and surprising choices there, although nothing that makes me want to punch the BUY button just yet. Roll on 160!