Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

Quote from: robprosser on 16 October, 2023, 04:46:22 PMIs there enough "Fiends of the Eastern Front" to warrant a second collection?

I don't know what's already been collected, but I have a listing.

It deliberately doesn't include the new Fiends of the Western Front, because reasons. Also, it doesn't include the very recent Hellman of Hell Force: Fiends of Ungeistwelt Ost - because that's more of a playful name drop than anything.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

davidbishop

Quote from: Funt Solo [R] on 16 October, 2023, 06:44:24 PM
Quote from: robprosser on 16 October, 2023, 04:46:22 PMIs there enough "Fiends of the Eastern Front" to warrant a second collection?

I don't know what's already been collected, but I have a listing.

It deliberately doesn't include the new Fiends of the Western Front, because reasons. Also, it doesn't include the very recent Hellman of Hell Force: Fiends of Ungeistwelt Ost - because that's more of a playful name drop than anything.

Even with all of those included, that's under 140pp of new strip by my rough count...

Lawman of the Present

With the recent memorial issue, it'd be nice to get a collection of the older Hershey stories at some point, most of which have never been reprinted (save for the Extreme Edition).

That or, complete the Dark Justice series in HC, as the collections seem to have switched to digital-only after Vol 2. The Ultimate Collection of Dominion went beyond the Rebellion HC to include The Torture Garden, but after that nothing's been collected physically.

Richard

Nobody wants to see Disaster 1990 again.

Igor Goldkind's Hershey stories in the 90s were pretty good, but their page count is pretty low. I think they were eight episodes all together.

davidbishop

Quote from: Richard on 16 October, 2023, 08:53:14 PMNobody wants to see Disaster 1990 again.

Igor Goldkind's Hershey stories in the 90s were pretty good, but their page count is pretty low. I think they were eight episodes all together.

58 pages of Igor and Kevin Cullen's Hershey.
52 pages of Paul Neil & Marc Wigmore's Hershey.

There are various short stories and two parters as well, but not enough for a 200pg volume.

michaelarby

Howdy Chaps. Gave up collecting after 140 but did a wee bit of cherry picking. just got Button man, Zenith vol 2, and Slaine Dragontamer in the post - looking forward to reading those. Seems like quite a few decent books in the extension from what you guys are saying. could be tempted by avatar, as I love dan abnetts other stuff, and do I recall hearing proteus vex is good?
Art website: www.michaelarby.com

IndigoPrime

Proteus Vex is excellent. One of the best new strips in recent years, and something that reads better in collected form.

Swerty

Quote from: Richard on 16 October, 2023, 08:53:14 PMNobody wants to see Disaster 1990 again.

I enjoyed Disaster 1990 on it's original run and would definitely buy it.

Le Fink

Quote from: michaelarby on 17 October, 2023, 12:59:30 PMHowdy Chaps. Gave up collecting after 140 but did a wee bit of cherry picking. just got Button man, Zenith vol 2, and Slaine Dragontamer in the post - looking forward to reading those. Seems like quite a few decent books in the extension from what you guys are saying. could be tempted by avatar, as I love dan abnetts other stuff, and do I recall hearing proteus vex is good?
I'm part way through the Atavar book and would certainly recommend it. Proteus Vex is brill. Lots of great ideas and Henry Flint and Jake Lynch knock it out the park.

Max Headroom

Quote from: Funt Solo [R] on 16 October, 2023, 06:44:24 PMIt deliberately doesn't include the new Fiends of the Western Front, because reasons. Also, it doesn't include the very recent Hellman of Hell Force: Fiends of Ungeistwelt Ost - because that's more of a playful name drop than anything.

'Fiends of the Western Front' is included in the Ultimate Collection book, but will not feature in the upcoming Rebellion volume (out in December).

Funt Solo

Quote from: Max Headroom on 17 October, 2023, 04:44:19 PM
Quote from: Funt Solo [R] on 16 October, 2023, 06:44:24 PMIt deliberately doesn't include the new Fiends of the Western Front, because reasons. Also, it doesn't include the very recent Hellman of Hell Force: Fiends of Ungeistwelt Ost - because that's more of a playful name drop than anything.

'Fiends of the Western Front' is included in the Ultimate Collection book, but will not feature in the upcoming Rebellion volume (out in December).

Not to be a fanny - but there are two Fiends of the Western Front:

1. The 2018-19 5-parter by Edginton & Trevallion - set in Europe.
2. The Wilde West prologue 2022 1-parter  by Edginton & Pleece - set in North America.

(Leading to a bit of confusion for nerds when talking about them. Edginton! Bed - no supper!)
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Max Headroom

Sorry Funt Solo - I didn't realise that the latest instalment was also called 'Fiends of the Western Front'. All very confusing as you say; but let's just hope it all gets collected eventually!

sintec

Quote from: castle4 on 15 October, 2023, 01:24:11 PMSo, with only 18 volumes yet to be formally announced, what are we collectively aware of that's either been confirmed or is visible on the spine art?

Think these all either appear on the spine or have been confirmed at some stage.

• Armoured Gideon
  • Dan Dare * 3
  • Proteus Vex
  • Lawless * 2
  • Kingmaker
  • Durham Red (Worley + Apocrypha)
  • Scarlet Traces * 2
  • Harry On The High Rock + ?

Which is ~12 more volumes (assuming complete runs of everything).

My guesses/wish list for the other 6:
  • A book with the 2 remaining Savage stories and Tin Man to round out those Mills sagas
  • The Order
  • Brink - I think the last series was long enough to fill a volume on it's own but might be mistaken
  • Survival Geeks
  • Stainless Steel Rat
  • Dredd - although what I'm not sure

Le Fink

Quote from: sintec on 18 October, 2023, 12:38:52 PMMy guesses/wish list for the other 6:
  • A book with the 2 remaining Savage stories and Tin Man to round out those Mills sagas
  • The Order
  • Brink - I think the last series was long enough to fill a volume on it's own but might be mistaken
  • Survival Geeks
  • Stainless Steel Rat
  • Dredd - although what I'm not sure
I'd like to see the final Defoe in that Mills book (in preference to Tin Man if it comes to it)
Dredd - the as yet unprinted Ron Smiths?
I'd buy a Survival Geeks - there's a lot of it I've not read.
The Order book 2 would be great.
SSR a good one but maybe not for me as I've got the big paperback.
Hmmm what's left to print?

Richard

QuoteDredd - the as yet unprinted Ron Smiths?
Death of a Judge is one of my all-time favourites, and it's not in either of the Hachette collections, so it would be great if it was included. Not sure that there are enough unused Ron Smiths left to fill a whole volume though (although there are several), but maybe it would fit some other theme.