Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

It's a pity the series didn't come to this conclusion earlier. Omitting the Starlord Stront stories was an odd decision.

So Scarlet 1 is WOTW and Scarlet Traces?

The Monarch

wotw scarlet traces and i think the great games there too i am still reading it so don't quote me on that last one but theres still a lot of book left and i just reached scarlet traces

Michael Knight

Hi folks. Whilst losing track of the ultimate collection issues during a long illness, I've just realised whilst placing collection together on shelf that I'm missing spine number Volume #139 (hence I cannot see Devlin waughs face on spine).
I'd really appreciate if anyone could tell me if there was a printing misshap or I missed a replacement issue etc.
I've got sinister dexter//volume five (volume 138) and sinister dexter//volume 7 (volume 140). I defo appear to be missing volume 139.
thanks

paulbyrnewex

That's issue 134 you might find a copy for sale on Ebay.

Quote from: Michael Knight on 10 December, 2023, 04:31:32 PMHi folks. Whilst losing track of the ultimate collection issues during a long illness, I've just realised whilst placing collection together on shelf that I'm missing spine number Volume #139 (hence I cannot see Devlin waughs face on spine).
I'd really appreciate if anyone could tell me if there was a printing misshap or I missed a replacement issue etc.
I've got sinister dexter//volume five (volume 138) and sinister dexter//volume 7 (volume 140). I defo appear to be missing volume 139.
thanks

Bad Andy

While not quite the Ultimate Collection, I've just re-read the Mega Collection's two Day of Chaos books.

Left me feeling a bit empty if I'm honest. Maybe they read better as a slow burn, but as a collection I was left a bit 'so what'.

Perhaps COVID has also desensitised me to these stories as the bug was pretty prescient in the end. 

Tomontherun94

Well it's official. The collection is getting a final extension to bring it up to 200 volunes, Dan Dare and The Order Vol 2 now confirmed.

https://x.com/2000ad/status/1734981644170273111?s=46&t=DO3veKcNS_yqWXGzroeQ9Q

moly

So another 20 volume o fill maybe some more recent stuff

Jade Falcon

Sounds like good stuff, but honestly...ANOTHER 20 books.  Let this be the end please
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

IndigoPrime

Ahahahahaha. It never ends. It'll be like Marvel, going on for years and years. :D

You know what, though: isn't it bloody amazing that not only could the Dredd collection sustain 90 books, but 2000 AD could sustain *200*? That's a hefty partwork, and the only reason these things continue is because they're viable. Otherwise it would have shut up shop at any one of the jumping-off points.

So: great news. I'm not collecting every issue now, but I'll almost certainly be grabbing several more before this thing ends. And I'm stoked at The Order being included, to finish out that run. Fantastic.

Max Headroom

Really pleased 'The Order' is going to be finished and genuinely curious to see what else will fill the last twenty books. Would a volume featuring the completion of 'Bad Company' be totally out of the question?

Jade Falcon

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 13 December, 2023, 06:09:33 PMAhahahahaha. It never ends. It'll be like Marvel, going on for years and years. :D

You know what, though: isn't it bloody amazing that not only could the Dredd collection sustain 90 books, but 2000 AD could sustain *200*? That's a hefty partwork, and the only reason these things continue is because they're viable. Otherwise it would have shut up shop at any one of the jumping-off points.

So: great news. I'm not collecting every issue now, but I'll almost certainly be grabbing several more before this thing ends. And I'm stoked at The Order being included, to finish out that run. Fantastic.

Its not just that...its space.  I had someone say to me that you can never have too many books....they haven't seen my flat. 
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

moly

I've had to get rid of a lot of books to Make space for the extended extended editions

So any ideas what another 20 editions could contain or are we looking at captain klep and thrill suckers edition

Le Fink

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 13 December, 2023, 06:09:33 PMYou know what, though: isn't it bloody amazing that not only could the Dredd collection sustain 90 books, but 2000 AD could sustain *200*?
Yes, and for a lapsed reader like me, it has been absolutely fantastic. I think it's an incredible success. Looking forward to Harry 20 and The Order.

Looking back to the start of this thread, a surprising number of folk were talking about Ant Wars...! Perhaps that dream will finally come to fruition.

I've never read it. I'm about to find out what Space Spinner 2k think about it.

Swerty

I'd certainly buy Dan Dare without hesitation

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Jade Falcon on 13 December, 2023, 06:19:27 PMIts not just that...its space.  I had someone say to me that you can never have too many books....they haven't seen my flat.
Oh, I can empathise there. We have bookshelves in our telly room, and Mrs G is infinitely patient regarding comics. There are... a lot of comics there. (She has some books too, but mostly reads on digital now.) But she has – entirely fairly – said that when the space is filled, the space is filled. So I'm pretty close now to that. BUT THERE ARE ALWAYS NEW BOOKS. Argh!