Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Rara Avis on 05 April, 2018, 06:29:57 PM
@ Jim, really, an interrobang? Is it really such a shocking suggestion?  ;)

Merely a logical escalation from your original inflammatory deployment of a question mark, a form of punctuation it has been conclusively proven can only be manufactured by state actors in laboratory conditions.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

IndigoPrime

Luke Kirby HB area's first announced in the email newsletter, and the news then swiftly made its way here.

Rara Avis

It's comeback has been predicted from 2014 .. maybe this is the start of that ..

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 05 April, 2018, 06:54:29 PM
Merely a logical escalation from your original inflammatory deployment of a question mark, a form of punctuation it has been conclusively proven can only be manufactured by state actors in laboratory conditions.

Jade Falcon

Well I read Nemesis Volume 3, but then again I have the phone book editions.  I have to agree that I feel Nemesis peaked round about the time of the Gothic Empire.  Afterwards the stories were a mixed bag, some really good, some middling.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Tjm86

Quote from: Rara Avis on 05 April, 2018, 06:29:57 PM
Well when Luke Kirby came out weren't board members offered a chance to buy it first with a limited edition art thing (sorry I can't remember the word) or did I just find out about that on the forum?

Are you talking about the bookplate edition?  Certainly that was exclusive to the Rebellion shop, as were the previous bookplate editions and the current Charley's War bookplates (regrettable paperbacks as well, but hey ho ... ).  So there is an element of privilege for boarders but not exclusivity.  I guess if you frequent these boards you are more likely to hear about them quickly.  As I say, my first awareness was through the Thrillcast so there you go.

BTW:  I hear that there are some websites that are currently exploring weaponising other punctuation marks.  The '!' was weaponised by the Tories some time ago but there are rumours that parentheses, elipses and full stops might be as well.  This is your 45 minute warning.

Rara Avis

I have been otherwise occupied of late so I haven't been keeping up to date on the prog or online.

I have a stack of progs, megs and assorted to go through when I have free time ..

I am taking your advice to heart and have spent the last 15 minutes trying to figure out why Eric Trump has created a video on this very issue:

https://youtu.be/y5E8lbN9s1w

Rara Avis

sintec

Any subscribers received anything yet?

Still waiting here :(

A.Cow

Quote from: Tjm86 on 05 April, 2018, 10:32:35 AMIf it was touted as a premium exclusive then it is a little disingenuous to then flog the surplus off.

Any product featuring the word 'exclusive' exists to benefit the vendor, not the consumer.

It's not uncommon to see an exclusive used as honey in a flytrap, and later sold off mainstream to squeeze the last bits of cash out of it.

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: sintec on 08 April, 2018, 10:59:39 AM

Nope, not yet.

Tomwe

Quote from: sintec on 08 April, 2018, 10:59:39 AM

I watched with excitement as my postie dumped a cardboard packet on the mat...!

But is was my reprint of JDMC #80 for the spine matching.

Yeash.

robert_ellis

Don't knock the reprint of 80! Happy to see the spine improved!

Tomwe

Quote from: robert_ellis on 09 April, 2018, 11:53:38 AM
Don't knock the reprint of 80! Happy to see the spine improved!
for sure, Rob.

IndigoPrime

Nothing here. No JD reprint either.

Tomwe

Early post brings my sub box. Huzaah! Sketchbook included, bit skinnier than I anticipated. And no letter of apology or anything.