Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

TordelBack

Proudhuff

or some Velvet Underground...

Candi says....
DDT did a job on me

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: TordelBack on 19 March, 2018, 09:38:02 AM
Quote from: Bolt-01 on 19 March, 2018, 09:30:42 AM
Nah- Candies works a treat.

I feel some Ogden Nash coming on.

Liquor for me every time. 

The point still stands, though, they're feckin' SWEETS.  Candies are awful American things like the electric chair, aluminum when it clearly needs an 'i', being afraid to say 'toilet', and Donald Trump.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JayzusB.Christ

I've just learned that Martin Shkreli has been sentenced to a seven-stretch in the cubes. I think that counts as life sometimes being ok.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Theblazeuk

As someone wittier said, Shrekli didn't go down for extorting the sick, but for crossing the wealthy.

I mean I'm happy about it too but basically it's just wishy-washy "Karma" rather than Justice. The Jury selection statements are hilarious though: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/aug/17/martin-shkreli-trial-jurors-wu-tang-clan

Proudhuff

Life is sometimes sort of okay because... not going back to work til late Monday and a rather nice weekend lined up. :D
DDT did a job on me

Mardroid

... I've had two days off work. It was my birthday yesterday*, although I only really celebrated it by going to the cinema buying a couple of things and eating out at KFC by myself but that's okay. I might go out again these evening for a drink or two and one grub. We'll see...

Back to work tomorrow, but it's just two days to the weekend again!

*43 now. Not so great.

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: Mardroid on 21 March, 2018, 05:06:48 PM
It was my birthday yesterday*
*43 now. Not so great.

Happy Birthday!

Could be worse...I'm 50 in 6 months time  >:(

JayzusB.Christ

Happy birthday! Less than three weeks away from 43 myself.

TordelBack

Bloody sprogs, though this place was just for grown-up nerds (Hawkmonger's the cabin boy).

Woolly

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 21 March, 2018, 05:57:23 PM

And I'll be 42 in a week and a half! Ha, I'm the youngest (of us three at least)!

Happy birthday, geezers  ;)

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Woolly on 21 March, 2018, 06:27:05 PM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 21 March, 2018, 05:57:23 PM

And I'll be 42 in a week and a half! Ha, I'm the youngest (of us three at least)!

Happy birthday, geezers  ;)

It's all ahead of you, sonny.

Mardroid

Thanks guys!

I dint go out in the end tonight. I suddenly came over really tired. Onset of old age there, you see.

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: Mardroid on 22 March, 2018, 12:52:49 AM
Thanks guys!

I dint go out in the end tonight. I suddenly came over really tired. Onset of old age there, you see.

I know that feeling. Bedtime for me is now around 9.30 pm. I rise at 6.30 am and by 8pm I'm ready for bed but with the Wife only being home an hour I feel it is my duty to stay up with her and doze softly from across the room.