Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christov

Horrifying conspiracy theory of the day; Assange is a US plant to orchestrate the justification of the censorship of the internet.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Christov on 07 December, 2010, 06:01:25 PM
Horrifying conspiracy theory of the day; Assange is a US plant to orchestrate the justification of the censorship of the internet.

"WeakiLeaks talking points disclosure ends Net Neutrality"

Its certainly a possibility and i have been thinking along those lines among others.

If it is all a problem-reaction-solution then it has to appear to be credible to most people who dont know much about the subject and the fact that the media leapt on it [they love to create an easily identifiable bad guy to focus on] does make it look suspicious in my mind and it would explain the selected info that has been leaked as its not serious enough to incriminate anyone in govt but its serious enough to create the pretext for internet censorship and it does seem to have been timed well to coincide with the re-election of Republicans/Neocons in the US and if there is a reaction and a solution then it will more than likely come from them.

"Truth" is a big business now and "Truth" has moved across to the mainstream media and the papers covered the story because it will more papers and it makes them look more credible to the majority of people.

If it wasnt an operation to create the pretext for an internet information clampdown from the word go then its obvious that the establishment will react in exactly the same way so the end result might well be the same PLUS its the perfect angle to exploit to divert attention away from the content of the cables PLUS the sex charges divert attention anyway from the cables.

It seems to have culminated in an arrest so i bet the media will no longer focus on it all very much from now and it will all blow over and it will be business as usual........

Of course the establishment would love to be able to censor the internet but its a lot easier said than done as people can be very creative and also censoring subject matter only ever attracts more attention to it which would be counterproductive for the establishment to try it.The establishment however realise just how much information there is on the internet that is detrimental to themselves and instead of ignoring all that completely they have reacted to it by admitting that certain topics are in fact truth simply because so much of it is now in the open.Their attitude is "So What if the US military/Govt is assisting in the cultivation of Opium in Afghanistan ?? What are you going to do about it ??" and about a hundred plus other topics but i hate to say it but they are right because no one is doing anything about it and hardly anyone talks about it.

Blatant in your face criminality.These are the times we live in.

Julian Assange has just been arrested/detained by Scotland Yard after handing himself into a police to answer the charges of rape that happened in Sweden that are apparently spurious.

"Our operative is now back in the fold"   :D

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: johnnystress on 07 December, 2010, 12:18:30 PM
wikileaks joke

Genius

So now they have him in Custody, do ye think the Yanks are going to try to get him extradited like with Gray McKinnon? That whole McKinnon thing is disgraceful. I'll gladly be corrected on this but didn't Mckinnon only hack all those top secret systems to see if he could, for a bit of craic? Maybe that's a bit glib, but still.

Here's a top secret about world leaders and politicians. Sometimes when you see pictures of them smiling, they're not actually happy or enjoying themselves. Shocking, I know. Clearly because this information is so sensitive, its source cannot be disclosed ;)
You may quote me on that.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: pops1983 on 07 December, 2010, 08:51:21 PM

Here's a top secret about world leaders and politicians. Sometimes when you see pictures of them smiling, they're not actually happy or enjoying themselves. Shocking, I know. Clearly because this information is so sensitive, its source cannot be disclosed ;)

I often think they are laughing at us and laughing about what they are getting away with day after day because they think they are untouchable.I know they enjoy it as well.

Tony Blair certainly seemed to. A lot.

Kerrin

I believe this gentleman sums up the current Irish financial situation in an eloquent fashion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koY6kXhQDQo

It's the Michael Flatley bit at the end that gets me.

TordelBack

He's not wrong.  But it's all okay, our public servants have just had their basic salaries capped (with the caveat that this may not be enforceable where contracts already exist).  At €250K. That's 20 times what I currently earn, and 10 times the average industrial wage. Ooooh, draconian budget alright.

And if you think that's insane, ruminate on the fact that the head of the Electricity Supply Board (a semi-state body with an effective monopoly, in a state with 4.5 million people) was getting €750K p.a.  For...?

JOE SOAP

It's called: pulling up the ladder.

After the break: Collapse of the €uro.

JayzusB.Christ

Nice! He may look like Tom Cruise meets the guy from the Dark Crystal, but if he's the future, I'm all for it
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

House of Usher

Good lad! Honed his skills in a public school debating society much? The protest movement and the future of organized resistance needs him.
STRIKE !!!

That's obviously fake, if mainstream media has taught us anything, it's that all teenagers are obese, monosyllabic, knife wielding savages ;)

Peter Wolf

Quote from: House of Usher on 10 December, 2010, 03:12:31 PM
Good lad! Honed his skills in a public school debating society much? The protest movement and the future of organized resistance needs him.

Its horses for courses.

:D Just having a laugh.

Rupert/Toby gives the establishment what for.

He does sound exactly like Tony Blair.Its exactly the same accent !!

"Well you know ...i mean.....uhmmm...ok...I mean  we sure showed them something last Wednesday...errr..you know..... this was meant to be the first post-idealogical generation right ?"

He isnt old enough to pay taxes or vote so he should sit down and shut up and go back to his schoolwork. :D

Also the comment about having a university education and the police was a little bit off and snotty especially as having a university degree is not a guarantee of anything but young Tarquin will probably go to a proper university and get a proper education and a proper job instead of joining the police force or something awful like that.

Dandontdare

I remember New labour's greatest bastards sounding like this when they were that age. But at least someone's saying it.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Dandontdare on 10 December, 2010, 08:00:44 PM
I remember New labour's greatest bastards sounding like this when they were that age. But at least someone's saying it.

Thats very true.

"I have a vision of a modern and new progressive United Kingdom where fairness and open accountable transparent govt - equality and equal opportunities with a forward thinking progressive and inclusive further education system will propel this nation forwards together into the Post-Democratic Era for a new dawn of peace and prosperity and a future fair for all "