Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Frank

Quote from: Eightball on 17 February, 2014, 08:32:59 PM
we are all going to have different views (Colin MacNeil has expressed his and I respect him for it)

If the referendum delivers a YES vote, we're taking MacNeil with us and starting our own comic. Here's hoping Henry Flint and Edmund Bagwell have Scottish grannies, so they can contribute to 2000 Dundee *.

* Rejected titles included: The Fife Coast Avengers, Tennent's Summer Special, Calvin and Hibs, The Sectarian Spiderman, and kids' humour title Whizzer and Chips and Haggis (salt, sauce and a can of Irn Bru)

M.I.K.

Quote from: ZenArcade on 17 February, 2014, 08:42:28 PMdoes the internet have it's own flag?

The stars and stripes...

I'll spare you the anthem.

ZenArcade

Sauchie, with the probability of major economic readjustment post referendum 2000 Dundee and its sister title in England 'Real 2000ad' would rapidly become 3000 Dundee and 'Real 3000ad'. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: The Legetndary Shark on 17 February, 2014, 08:05:06 PM
We're all Earthlets, aren't we?

This will be my second Tattoo. It should also be the forum motto.

8-Ball

So it is agreed, then. Colin MacNeil will lead us.
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

Old Tankie

Could the unelected Brussels Commissioner, who has just told the Scots that they would not be allowed to join the EU if they separate from the UK, please make my day and extend that threat to England!!

Theblazeuk

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 17 February, 2014, 07:12:22 PM
@Scotland: This is your Big Chance to free yourselves from the bankers, dammit! Say "no" to the pound, the euro and the dollar; don't let your politicians buy money through printing bonds; don't allow them to borrow money either. YOU MUST TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO CREATE AND CONTROL YOUR OWN MONEY SUPPLY - ONLY BY DOING THIS CAN YOU ACHIEVE TRUE AND LASTING INDEPENDENCE. Do not allow your politicians to squander this chance and do not allow English, European or international bankers and politicians anywhere near your money supply or practically nothing will (or can) change.

This ain't gonna happen.

Ancient Otter

Quote from: Old Tankie on 18 February, 2014, 08:45:35 AM
Could the unelected Brussels Commissioner, who has just told the Scots that they would not be allowed to join the EU if they separate from the UK, please make my day and extend that threat to England!!

Out of curiosity, why don't you want to part of the E.U.?

Old Tankie

Where shall I start!!  Let's take democracy.  In a national election I vote for a party and whatever party wins forms a government which then introduces its laws, be they good or bad.  In the EU you can elect a party but, because of majority voting in many areas now, your elected party can be out voted by people that you never had the chance to vote for.  How is that democracy?

COMMANDO FORCES

Severe corruption, as not once have the books balanced and if I remember a person was employed to investigate what was happening and they got the boot.

ZenArcade

But then surley the answer then is further, closer unifi.....ah the hell with it I'm not gonna get involved (repeat ad infinitum).Z  >:D
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Old Tankie on 19 February, 2014, 08:37:01 PM
In the EU you can elect a party but, because of majority voting in many areas now, your elected party can be out voted by people that you never had the chance to vote for.

How do you feel about Scottish independence?

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Old Tankie

I'm all for it!  The only thing I find strange is that the SNP want to get rid of one political union and re-join another one!  I'm not sure that's independence.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Old Tankie on 19 February, 2014, 09:04:17 PM
I'm all for it!

OK... so everyone on your street votes (hypothetically) Tory and everyone on the next five streets votes Labour. You get a Labour councillor. Do you get to secede from your local council?

I'm genuinely curious: I don't have a glib answer to this,* I just want to know where you think these boundaries should be drawn. Should the counties be self-governing? The UK regions?

Cheers

Jim

*Actually, I don't have any answer to this. Despite what some people may think, I'm not peddling a party agenda here.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.