Main Menu

Dredd:Blu Ray review

Started by chuffsteruk, 18 December, 2012, 09:42:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 05 April, 2013, 07:24:37 PM
Why oh why did the UK not get quality steel books like that?!? I hate to use swearing and caps to emphasise my feelings, but that REALLY FUCKING SUCKS!!!

EIV would sell more if they did.

I think should call round in your uniform:

Entertainment Film Distributors
Eagle House 108 -110 Jermyn Street London SW1Y 6HB United Kingdom Tel: +44 (0) 20 7930 7744F +44 (0) 20 7930 9399

http://www.entertainmentfilms.co.uk/contact-us

COMMANDO FORCES

Do not fear, all is in hand folks. All we have to do is wait nine and a half more years for one  :lol:

JOE SOAP

It's at No. 2 in the amazon Japan Blu-ray chart:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/bestsellers/dvd/2147352051/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_d _3_3_last

No. 16 in the overall DVD/Blu-ray chart:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/bestsellers/dvd/ref=pd_dp_ts_d_1

And it's not even out till June 26th.

Spikes

JOE SOAP

MR. ELIMINATOR

I'm going to make my own limited edition.

Tiplodocus

Quote from: junox on 05 April, 2013, 08:38:59 PM
Iv'e had a beer
2000 AD  please do something  about this can you organize  a special 2000 AD  DREDD 3 D for all the uk   _ unt's that have been reading the comic faithfully  since prog 2  missed number 1  :(    or even do an order list for a special steelbook 2000 AD  signed copy or something   SPECIAL         

id  pay easy # 50 notes  for a special with a comic     GET IT TOGETHER
---
bunch a fukin stonnerzzzzzzzzzz   what

Quite a few beers by the sound of it.

I'm not sure the comic team has any say in what the film makers may want to produce and sell (and vice versa).
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 07 April, 2013, 04:56:46 PM
I'm not sure the comic team has any say in what the film makers may want to produce and sell (and vice versa).

It's not even up to the film-makers; it's decided by the distributors in each country, hence the many different packagings.

Michaelvk

You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

junox

Tiplodocus
yeah i had a few Erdinger beers   never a good idea posting, i think i was trying to articulate how much  i would like  a U.K steelbook + extra's + a comicbook  tie in with the movie  .....    much  embarrassed    :-[

Tiplodocus

I wouldn't fret about it. I would worry about what sort of posts or texts you were sending to ex-partners while in the same state though.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Robert Frazer

I did notice the grainy noise in several scenes in the cinema - I assumed that it was an effect of the 3D camera. I'm disappointed to see it transferred onto the Blu-Ray version as well.  :(
Latest Video - The ESSENTIAL Judge Dredd

DreddRunner

Since I missed Dredd in the theater, I blind-bought it on BR.

I'm a sucker for extras, so I was a little disappointed in that.  I love 'making of' docs and would have loved to have seen that.
Ditto a commentary track.

Beaky Smoochies

Quote from: Robert Frazer on 13 April, 2013, 02:02:48 AM
I did notice the grainy noise in several scenes in the cinema - I assumed that it was an effect of the 3D camera. I'm disappointed to see it transferred onto the Blu-Ray version as well.  :(

Having just watched Skyfall  on DVD - for the record, an insanely great Bond movie, the best yet hands down, how they'll top this is anyone's guess - the fact it was shot entirely on digital cameras (the lovely Arri Alexa) did not escape my notice, it looks absolutely gorgeous with no hint of grain... so if Dredd was also shot digitally, what's with the (at times) appalling picture quality; excessive grain, ghosting, etc!?

Joe dude, you know a thing or two about film production, care to set me straight on this one...?
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

JOE SOAP

It was shot using different types of cameras, one was a handheld 3D camera for extreme 3D close-ups that had never been used before with lower resolution than the RED 2K cameras. It's also a stylstic thing the cinematographer is noted for; it's in nearly all the films he's shot, but not all. I'm not too averse to grain/noise so it doesn't bother me too much though at times it does seem to be a result of shooting in low-light.