Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

Well, one shitbag is out of the way at least.  Trump is still there and still awful, of course. 

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39508351
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

IndigoPrime

He's still chief strategist, until Trump throws him under the bus because of Russia.

Rately

Judging by Rex Tillerson's comments on North Korea, we are all in for squeaky bum time. Unpredictable is an understatement.

TordelBack

Quote from: Rately on 05 April, 2017, 07:32:33 PM
Judging by Rex Tillerson's comments on North Korea, we are all in for squeaky bum time. Unpredictable is an understatement.

Well Trump does need a good war ASAP.

Goaty

JayzusB.Christ

The resemblance is rather unsettling.

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Goaty

Post it at other thread a year ago...

Rately

Quote from: Goaty on 05 April, 2017, 10:21:06 PM

Scary.

As Tordelback says, nothing like a good old War to distract from issues at home.

I see he has finally come out to condemn Syria, though I've a feeling he doesn't need Cobgress or UN approval to make Syria an even more desperate case, he'll have to bend Putin's ear.

SuperSurfer

Quote from: Dandontdare on 05 April, 2017, 02:11:30 PM
Quote from: SuperSurfer on 05 April, 2017, 01:13:44 AM
False flag?

http://21stcenturywire.com/2017/04/04/syria-another-chemical-weapon-false-flag-on-the-eve-of-peace-talks-in-brussels/

https://twitter.com/VanessaBeeley
Maybe they just didn't have the appropriate gear with them on the day?

First thing I did is checked the source - according to fakenewschecker.com "21st Century Wire publishes information that cannot be validated and that is anti scientific fact. The information provided should be regarded as speculative opinion or propaganda and cannot be substantiated by fact or evidence. It is among the most untrustworthy sources in the media."

They seem to be a pro-Trump, anti climate-change outlet, and they're rather ken on 9/11 conspiracies. Therefore I'll need a hell of a lot more than "they're not wearing gloves" to believe that this wasn't a gas attack
I've only read articles published on 21st Century Wire about Syria.

Arguments by journalists such as Vanessa Beeley (one of the very few journalists who have actually been on the ground in Syria) seem more convincing to me than much of what I have read in the MSM. Just how many reports from Syria and reactions from Western politicians can be based on information from one guy based in Coventry? Does that really stand up to scrutiny?

Why is the alleged gas attack reported as being by either Russia or Syria? Are there really no other possibilities? Why don't reports explore or even mention other possibilities?

Now with Trump seemingly starting to bang the war drum things could get even worse – as if things weren't Hellish enough in Syria.

I can't help feeling we are being steered into supporting another case of regime change.

Iraq and WMDs, the dodgy dossier, 'verified' stories about Iraqi soldiers taking babies out of incubators etc. Such stories give me more than enough reason to be suspicious.

Quote from: TordelBack on 05 April, 2017, 02:10:48 PM
But I'd still contend that accusations of False Flag actions in the Syrian "civil" war seem like they should be accorded a higher probability than the US crashing planeloads of civilians into the financial district of its biggest city live on TV  after rigging the place with demolition charges.
I completely agree. 'Civil war' indeed. I do believe a major factor in this highly complex tangle of interests of various powers is an attempt to end Russia's presence in the region.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Goaty on 05 April, 2017, 10:21:06 PM

Ah, so you did. Jesus, I really don't want any thermonuclear thrill-power.

Professor Bear

British liberals are now arguing against free school meals.
Next: "why should we have to pay for libraries?"

IndigoPrime

I've seen people arguing against them not being means-tested, but not the general concept.

Goaty

JPMaybe

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 06 April, 2017, 03:19:34 PM
I've seen people arguing against them not being means-tested, but not the general concept.

It amounts to the same thing. Means testing is gross and stigmatising, these spreadsheet obsessed dorks do it compulsively cos they want a permanent supplicant class.
Quote from: Butch on 17 January, 2015, 04:47:33 PM
Judge Death is a serial killer who got turned into a zombie when he met two witches in the woods one day...Judge Death is his real name.
-Butch on Judge Death's powers of helmet generation