Main Menu

Some opinions on Possession movie

Started by Thread Zero, 05 January, 2002, 09:36:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thread Zero

I personally think the 'Anderson is pregnant' idea is a bit silly.

No disrespect to those who thought it up.:O)

I think writing a Death story would be reasonably easy in some ways. It just depends on how faithful you want to be to the original source material.

If you do, the story is already there.  However if you want to go down a different route, it's a little harder.
I mean, Judge Death is a limited sort of guy. He just kills for kills sake!
I guess that's why Wagner eventually had to parody him. The character had come full circle.

Even Necropolis hadn't much of Death actually judging. Mr Wagner jumped time to show Joe returning from the Cursed Earth to the city when most of the cits had already been judged.

Do you think most fans would be upset if the Possession movie was very similar to the Death stories in 2k?

I don't know myself.

Or would you prefer a completely new interpretation  of the character?

scojo

paulvonscott

Scojo having opinions on a Dredd movie?  

Whatever next?

Will my army of Aardvark men finally rise up against their creator?

I think people should just accept that the new movie is going to be somewhere bewteen the original Dredd movie and the strip, largely due to economic reasons.  I think they'll be okay and will be nearer the Dredd we know in spirit.  

Having been through all of the dissapointment once with the first movie I'm just taking this new one as it comes.  For your sanity's sake (obviously not including you here Scojo) I would recommend not getting yourselves worked up about it.

Thread Zero

Hey where is everyone else anyway?

I thought more people would have opinions on the films after reading that press release stuff!

Seems only you and me, Watcher and Anemic are interested.

C,mon peeps show some interest!

They can't all be out shopping or at work!

scojo

McNulty

I am interested, but I was having trouble gathering my thoughts on the subject. TThey go something like this.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
I cannot believe that they are going to do this to us, AGAIN! Why, why do they they have to screw about with Dredd like this. They should have learned their lesson. 2000ad Dredd is successful as he is, not as a Stallone clone and not as a some Casanova character more concerned about having his wicked way with the ladies. Why can't we just have a Judge Dredd film where he keeps the helmet one and does some honestt to Grud judging!