2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shakira? Shakara!

Hi Alec.

Born Bad (Progs 2082-2089)
Three Gifts (Prog 2111)
Mistletoe Kiss (Prog 2162)
Served Cold (Prog 2212-2219 & 2221-2223)

Shakira? Shakara!

#171 - Armoured Gideon is no longer for sale directly via Hachette. Ordered a copy last week along with #172 & #173, so fingers crossed it doesn't get lost or damaged en route, or looks like I shall be going without that one!

IndigoPrime

Some of these really aren't hanging around long. I nearly learned that the hard way with Born Bad. Snapped up Scarlet Traces 2 the second it arrived on Forbidden Planet for this reason.

Le Fink

Thanks for the reminder - Ordered Scarlet Traces 2, Anderson NWO and Hope on Forbidden Planet. Swingeing postage again, it has definitely gone up. Deffo want that Pat Mills Savage/Defoe book but not available as a preorder yet.

IndigoPrime

Yep. Postage has gone up from Forbidden Planet. (I mean, it's gone up from Royal Mail...) Still, I ordered Scarlet Traces 2, the latest Wild's End, and a single hardcover recently. Postage was about a fiver. However, the UC volume came in its own tough card mailer, and the other two were in another. These were then surrounded by a load of paper and placed in another card box. So every book arrived in immaculate condition. Compare that to my recent Hachette experience and it's hard to complain too much.

Le Fink

Until recently it used to be around a fiver for pretty much anything, even if split across multiple deliveries. I think they've decided that's not possible anymore and have to charge more for multiple deliveries which is perfectly understandable. As you say, no problem with the packaging, which is always excellent.