Main Menu

Got any questions for Tharg? Comic Book Resources needs your help!

Started by karl, 28 May, 2012, 10:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karl

Comic Book Resources is proud to announce that 2000 AD and CBR are teaming up for a new recurring Q+A feature, similar to the Cup O' Joe or Axel-in-Charge features. Very tentatively titled "Tharg's Tantalizing Thrill Tease", we need your questions for this to be a success, from the mundane to the inane. Ask about upcoming stories, past continuity, creators, movies, what kind of tithings Tharg prefers from his followers and anything else you can think up.

Questions collected from this thread will be answered by Tharg, with a lot of help from Matt Smith, and will be coupled with other announcements and exclusive art from Rebellion. Look for the first feature to go live at comicbookresources.com later next month!

Grant Goggans

Would you consider scheduling a series the way that Sinister Dexter and Nikolai Dante built their audiences in the 1990s, and many other classics did in the 1980s, by making it a semi-regular strip with several short adventures back-to-back over the course of several months, rather than the usual one-series-per-annum approach?  Indigo Prime, for example, with its cast of dozens, would seem ideally suited for this purpose.

Emperor

How many artists have been made droids from your many portfolios? Or writers from the Future Shock slush pile?

Any US writers or artists you'd like to see at the House of Tharg?

If you could make the stars align (and I'm not implying you can't) what classic (or more recent) series would you return?

When will the shop start selling Tharg's Premium Polystyrene Cups?

Will the letters page ever start including art again? A lot of the droids got their first outing there after all.

if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Art

dweezil2

How does the mighty one intend to exploit the release of the forthcoming movie?
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Colin YNWA

First and foremost nice one. This is a great idea and the more exposure for the Galaxies greatest the better.

Questions. In a recent panel at Bristol Henry Flint said beyond some Dredd that he was finishing up he had nothing else lined up and wasn't sure what he was working on next. Can I ask Tharg why he hasn't got him chained to a desk with a pile of work to do so big that he never has to wonder what will come next, except the chance to sleep. He's surely the definitive art droid and this state of affairs is madness!

Speaking of which can Tharg get John Smith working faster so that he has at least one story in every Prog the Droid's a genius... which also basically is asking when can we expect Indigo Prime back?

Proudhuff

Letters to Tharg: bane of your life or highlight of the day?
DDT did a job on me

a chosen rider

Anything else lined up for John Burns now he's finished his last series on Dante?

Will we be seeing more of Low Life any time soon?

Is the new prose fiction slot in the Megazine intended to be a regular feature?

Any hope of seeing Gordon Rennie's Dredd stories collected in a book or Megazine supplement?
On Twitter @devilsfootsteps

JamesC

lborl

What happened to the ABC Warriors cartoon?

Why did that new oblong logo only last from Prog 1700 to Prog 1740, before quietly changing back?

Are any more 3rillers in the pipeline?

Is any Carl Critchlow work in the pipeline?

SmallBlueThing

Is there any chance of a change of paper-size and cover stock, so the prog doesnt look so small and unshiny next to spider-man, avengers, the beano and dr who adventures?

Cover-mounted lawgiver water pistols! We want them for this summer. And westinghaus blasters.

Longer runs of strips, with rotating artists- like the old days, and not so old days of sinister dexter. Will we see the like again?

Does tharg have any plans to attach packets of bubblicious or hubba bubba to the cover again? And if not, why not?
Although admittedly, a packet of nicotine gum, or ten fags (next prog: 10 JPS SILVER! FREE!) or a tube of preparartion h might be more appropriate these days.

SBT

Emperor

Quote from: karl on 28 May, 2012, 10:43:14 PMQuestions collected from this thread will be answered by Tharg

A bit of a meta-question but will people be able to submit their questions on Facebook or Twitter too?
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

karl

Quote from: Emperor on 29 May, 2012, 04:12:05 PM
Quote from: karl on 28 May, 2012, 10:43:14 PMQuestions collected from this thread will be answered by Tharg

A bit of a meta-question but will people be able to submit their questions on Facebook or Twitter too?

We are just using this thread for now.

Emperor

Quote from: karl on 29 May, 2012, 05:15:11 PM
Quote from: Emperor on 29 May, 2012, 04:12:05 PM

We are just using this thread for now.

Righto, I'll be pointing everyone over here.

BPP

If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd