Main Menu

Got any questions for Tharg? Comic Book Resources needs your help!

Started by karl, 28 May, 2012, 10:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard

Can you ask Brian Bolland to illustrate a new 6-page Dredd story by Wagner?

Can you ask Pat Mills to do a new, "straight" series of Rick Fortune from Diceman?

karl

thanks for all the great questions!

The questions in this thread have been beamed over to Tharg! The questions he chooses to answer should be going up on Comic Book Resources in the near future. I'll post a link here when it goes live.

We'll be doing another one of these later in the year though, and I'll post here when we need more questions!

thanks everybody!

karl

Quote from: The Adventurer on 18 June, 2012, 07:25:32 AM
Any ETA when the first QA article will run?

I can't give exact dates (Tharg doesn't like being bossed around) but it should be sooner rather than later! Sorry I can't be more specific...

zombemybabynow

will any of the excellent first part collected tpb's eg. Lobster Random, ever have their second arc's put into tpb format? 

thanks
Good manners & bad breath get you nowhere

O Lucky Stevie!

Quote from: radiator on 13 June, 2012, 08:29:17 PM
Quote from: douglaswolk on 30 May, 2012, 12:34:06 PM
What's the longest-gestating serial that's still in the works and that we still haven't seen?

That's gotta be Ichabod Azrael - seems like its been 'coming soon' for well over a year now.

Pffft! A year is a mere eigenblink compared with the Stapledonian abyss since John Smith first mooted Devlin Waugh: Ship Of Fools when Grant Groggans interviewed him for Class of '79.

I've written a kind of spin-off series from Devlin called 'Pussyfoot 5' set in outer space – just a five issue story at first to introduce the characters and concepts, just to test the water, but which'll hopefully continue if it goes down well. Then of course there's the next Devlin story. I want it to be totally different to 'Sirius Rising'. That'll either be 'Ship of Fools' or 'Dead Eyes' or something else entirely. Not quite sure at the moment but it'll be sorted out over the next couple of weeks. There's also a computer game version of 'Swimming in Blood' in the pipeline which is all very 

Which was eventually confirmed by Tharg in Meg 256.

Cover dated 3 April 2007.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

trapperconnor

When is Zenith going to be re-printed?

With the re-emergence of Armitage in the Megazine is it safe to say his foe Drago-san will be returning soon and when will Armitage be printed in graphic novel form?

Can we expect any more Judge Dredd Lost Cases in the near future?

Lesser-known aspects of the Dredd universe such as Texas City, Mega City Two, Banana City, Simba City, Cal-hab and Emerald Isle been introduced only once and left to become footnotes to briefly mentioned in other stories, does 2000AD or the Megazine intend on expanding on the background of these futuristic locales through brand new characters or stories any time soon?

Colin YNWA

Not sure what's happened to this, hopefully still happening and just waiting for Tharg to get around to. Anyway another question for the pot.

Now that Dante has finished what plans does Tharg have for the series? It seems a shame that its not had a massive push. Numerous series from US publishers of this scale and quality seem to be perpetually in print and yet Dante struggles and once the volumes have gone, at the moment, they seem to be gone.

Tharg did release a US edition of the first trade but over a year later nothing else, did this release not do well enough to continue? Is getting Dredd out there, very understandable given the current circumstances, meaning works like Dante can't get a look in, or are there plans a foot?

Dante is such a great series it'd be such a shame for it to slip away, how do we get more people reading this  wonderful series?

karl

www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=40341

The first zarjaz installment of "2000 AD THRILL TEASE" has gone live at CBR!

A big thanks to everyone who submitted questions and if you guys like this new feature, or the 35 years of 2000 AD interviews we've been doing, leave a comment over at CBR and let us know!!!

dweezil2

Quote from: karl on 09 August, 2012, 04:15:42 PM

A big thanks to everyone who submitted questions and if you guys like this new feature, or the 35 years of 2000 AD interviews we've been doing, leave a comment over at CBR and let us know!!!

Well done Karl, great stuff!  :thumbsup:

Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

karl

Quote from: dweezil2 on 09 August, 2012, 04:19:26 PM
Quote from: karl on 09 August, 2012, 04:15:42 PM

Well done Karl, great stuff!  :thumbsup:

thanks! really appreciate you saying that!

And honestly, I have no idea if it makes a difference really, but leave a comment over on our site if you dig all the coverage we've been giving 2000AD lately. It makes other people interested in a topic when they see that lots of other people are talking about it!

monsterx

Will we ever see what happened to rouge after he entered the black hole? will we ever see a zenith collection? will ever see pan african judges, inspectre, Finn, simping detective, missonary man or chopper again? and last great green one any thoughts of omnibus vol.'s? slaine and sinister dexter come to mind as does nikolai dante

ta

Mardroid

Quote from: monsterx on 18 August, 2012, 08:05:46 AM
...will we ever see a zenith collection? will ever see ... simping detective,

I can answer that one. Yes. It was advertised in the Prog a little while ago, so, to be fair, easily missed.

karl

Fellow Earthlets, it's time for another zarjaz installment of "2000 AD Thrill Tease with Tharg" at Comic Book Resources!

Post any questions you have about Tharg, "Dredd," 2000 AD, Matt Smith, Judge Dredd, MOLCH-R's eating habits or anything else you can think up that has anything to do with the Galaxy's Greatest Comic. This installment will be going up around the same time as prog 2013, so keep that in mind when asking your questions.

Thanks to the great questions from you guys, the first Tharg Q+A went really well and was well received here at CBR, so let's make the second one just as awesome.

FYI: I'll probably send these questions along to Tharg in about 2 or 3 weeks, but I'll only be looking at the ones that appear AFTER this post!

NapalmKev

Any chance of new series of...

Canon Fodder,
Maniac 5,
Or a serious story involving the Dark Judges (their appearance in DoC was little more than comic relief again, IMO.)

Cheers  :)
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 06 August, 2012, 12:54:24 PM

...Now that Dante has finished what plans does Tharg have for the series? It seems a shame that its not had a massive push. Numerous series from US publishers of this scale and quality seem to be perpetually in print and yet Dante struggles and once the volumes have gone, at the moment, they seem to be gone.

Tharg did release a US edition of the first trade but over a year later nothing else, did this release not do well enough to continue? Is getting Dredd out there, very understandable given the current circumstances, meaning works like Dante can't get a look in, or are there plans a foot?

Dante is such a great series it'd be such a shame for it to slip away, how do we get more people reading this  wonderful series?

I'll push this one back to the top, as I think it was too late for last time and might have been too early for this one and might have got missed?

In addition I'd like ask Tharg about the response to the Dredd movie. Ben Smith gave a very encouraging interview from NYCC about the positive response to Dredd after the movie, particularly when it comes to trades (my take, possibly wrong). I was therefore wondering has Tharg got a strategy in place so that the success with Dredd can be transfered to other properties, such as Dante as mentioned above. Can Tharg link Dredd to other series in readers minds?

Oh and when's Sinister Dexter coming back?