Main Menu

Krill Tro Thargos 2013: the winners!

Started by Molch-R, 14 December, 2012, 03:44:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Molch-R

I thought we'd wait until later this year to announce the winners of the coveted Krill Tro Thargo awards, which are given out by Tharg the Mighty himself to Earthlets he considers have served the cause of Thrill-power well.

Three recipients have already been announced - Alex Garland and Karl Urban, for their work to bring a truly excellent version of Judge Dredd to the big screen, and Douglas Wolk for his work bringing the greatness of 2000 AD to the masses in America.

And we're very pleased to unveil the final two winners of this year's awards - take a bow Pete Wells and Wakefield Carter!

Pete is honoured thanks to his 2000 AD covers blog, which continue to delight Thrill-hungry Earthlets with its behind-the-scenes peeks into the processes behind Prog covers.

Wake was instrumental in creating and maintaining 2000 AD's presence on the internet, as well as for creating the Barney online database. He is honoured for his tireless service to Thrill-power!

Zarjaz!

Trout

Never heard of them.  ;)

Nah. Great news! I'm thrilled for you both. Two very well-deserved awards!

Colin YNWA

Two very much deserved awards. Well done both.

Spikes

Brilliant stuff! Cant think of two more deserving winners. Congrats to both,  :thumbsup:

COMMANDO FORCES

Congratulations to Pete and Wake for their amazing dedication to the cause :thumbsup:

Buttonman

What a week for Pete - a KTT and a legion of honour from Greggs! Well done both, well deserved. Now that the barrel is being totally scraped I look forward to mine around 2525, if mankind is still alive.

Dandontdare

James Stacey

Pete Wells

HOLY SHIT!!! I've just been informed by an 'ecstatic' John Burdis that I've won! He must be happy for me, I could hear the emotion in his voice on the phone, he even had a little cry bless him. I've given him the number for the Samaritans and I've promised him a photo of it for the cellar.

Seriously though, I'm absolutely beaming. There are loads more worthy winners out there than me but I'm sure there's no one who'd be happier or more proud. It really, really means a lot. I'm walking on air!

Fancy getting an award for doing what I love!!! Thank you Mr Tharg!

Pete Wells KTT

Bolt-01

Well done chaps- very much deserved in my opinion.

All hail Tharg!

The Legendary Shark

Excellent choices - congratulations all 'round!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Jim_Campbell

Forum needs a 'Like' button...!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Steve Green

Steven Sterlacchini

Well deserved winners all round. Well done!

FoldsFive

Congratulations!  And very well deserved...