Main Menu

Cover me!

Started by Molch-R, 13 March, 2013, 04:49:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyFoxMachine

During the block wars, none was more viciously and patriotically defended as Pete Wells block - whose residents were loyal to the last-

I'M WITH PETE WELLS BLOCK!

Buttonman

He's accepted the Tharg's Groat! At least we know his hard as nails reviewing style will remain intact - remember that cover he lambasted as 'fabulous'?

Well done on your ascent to grace Mr Wells - new Pope? New Pies, Vicar!

stacey

Quote from: Proudhuff on 13 March, 2013, 10:08:12 PM
Quote from: stacey on 13 March, 2013, 07:07:52 PM
me and the bairns are dead proud like :-D

aah, still can't wait to see the pics The Greggbot must have of Tharg to blag this gig!

Heheheheheh

SuperSurfer

Congratulations former fleshy one.

Pete Wells

Quote from: Buttonman on 13 March, 2013, 11:34:41 PM
He's accepted the Tharg's Groat! At least we know his hard as nails reviewing style will remain intact - remember that cover he lambasted as 'fabulous'?

Well done on your ascent to grace Mr Wells - new Pope? New Pies, Vicar!

Did someone say pies?

And yeah, I can't believe the world was fooled yesterday. The black smoke rising from the Vatican was to announce that Tharg had chosen which of the many weekly 2000AD cover blogs he'd chosen to align himself with. New pope indeed...

And by the way Buttonman, that was a fabulous post. I really enjoyed its composition and the way the reader's eye was drawn from the left to the right. You are an incredible talent and I really hope to see more.

See? Just rolls off the tongue.

Thanks for all the nice comments folks (and the nasty ones!) On a serious note, I really hope no one actually does think any groats are changing hands. It is, and always will be, very much a fan blog. It's just nice that it's being acknowledged by the big green fella. Strangely though, the postman did deliver a thousand polystyrene cups this morning...

Dunk!

Humbling to see the Mighty Pete Wells acknowledging the part humble old 2000ad has had in his rise to fame over the last 35yrs.

Remembering the little folks.

Congrats (and Pies) all round.

Dunk!
"Trust we"

Bolt-01

Pete, next time Tharg looks at you and mentions that he's due a 'shedding'- RUN!

Good work fella.

Frank

Quote from: Pete Wells on 14 March, 2013, 11:38:26 AM
And by the way Buttonman, that was a fabulous post. I really enjoyed its composition and the way the reader's eye was drawn from the left to the right. You are an incredible talent and I really hope to see more. See? Just rolls off the tongue.

HA! You can add PMSL to the KTT and whatever other letters follow your illustrious name.

douglaswolk

Wonderful news! Delighted to hear it, and very excited to see what comes next.

Skullmo

Great news! Well done that man!
It's a joke. I was joking.