Main Menu

...PROG 1414, LAW NO MORE...

Started by ARRISARRIS, 01 November, 2004, 04:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ukdane

Still no prog (was did the latsest EE come in the same envelope?) :-(

That cover does indeed look very good- the type of cover that might get a lapsed reader to pick up and flick through the prog. Alternatively they might think- how many times have we seen something similar- but where it's turned out not to be true? (I'm thinking here of the Dredd helmet cover (post OZ?) and Dredd's badge cover with a sinlge bullethole in it)

Can't yet comment on this weeks prog (not having read it) but my thoughts on the current strips are that they are indeed very good- trying to pick the baddie in them is very hard- the one I'm having most difficulty following is probably Asylum 2, but I just love Boo's artwork on it. The progs are really very very strong for me at the moment (way better than the Meg- and that's saying something!).

Cheers

-Daney

McNulty

Judge Dredd: What a bunch of ungrateful citizens there are in Mega City One. After all the Judges have done for them. It never used to be like this in the old days.
Nice to see the Vienna subplot developing.

Faces: General Stunal is looking a lot better than last we saw him. I don't get why Karl would even want to cheat on Kilquo. She can morph into any beautiful babe he could want. What an drunken idiot. Glad he's dead.

Lobster Random: Ho hum.

Aslyum2: As I predicted, this second series ended on a real downer. Everyone dies, including many innocent Aliens and Australians. This story ends with a dawn of death.

Strontium Dog: Another good episode. Can't wait to see how this turns out.

All in all, another great prog, with lots for everyone.  

paulvonscott

It had a dangerously vague end did Asylum, please let this be the end of it.

Loved Dredd, Stront was great, and Faces would be doing better on my list if it didn't keep having some really crappy cartoony bits, usually every time Higgins has to do draw something a bit naughty or rude.  Shakey hands?  Someone get that man some tranquilisers.  I do like 90% of the artwork an awful lot.

Marbles

One thing I didnt get about the (excellent) Dredd story was why, after the opening page shows the announcement that the Judges are standing down, the next page cuts to the Chief Judge debating whether to announce they are standing down ?? Probably i'm a moron and missed something vital, but it seemed like events ran slightly out of order?
Remember - dry hair is for squids

El Spurioso

IIRC, there was a caption saying "earlier that day...", or something similar.  It was basically a device allowing the episode to begin on a big, eye-opening development, then going chronologically back to explain how it happened and what the *real* score is.  I think.

Dan Kelly

You're missing an "Earlier..." type box at the start of page 2.

Dan

Satanist

And the thrills keep comin...

Cover : Good stuff. Simple & eye catching.

Dredd : This is just fantastic! I never know where its going from week to week and the artworks superb. Unless something goes badly wrong in the next few progs this could end up as a classic.

Faces : Im really enjoying this. Its weird that I can accept the t & a in this story as I believe it all adds to the humour. Whereas the stuff in Valkyries just came across as sad.

Lobster : Mental story with mental art. Loving this.

Asylum : Ho-hum, Was that it? Didnt think much of this and from that ending I've a horrible feeling theres a book 3 on the way.

Stronty : Cracking on nicely. Last ep next week though, Id have liked a longer run.

A great time for the prog! 9/10
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Dunk!

Great cover.

Dredd: Superb. Is it just me or is Henry Flint?s art actually getting better? Love the remark about the clone not looking like a Dredd ? just in case you?re looking for any clues in his face about Dredd?s appearance.

Faces: Like this, but want to see where it?s going. Best ending making me long for the next issue I?ve read in a while.

Asylum: Love the art ? Boo Cook has gone up in my estimation, but the story just left me cold.

Lobster Random: Great. Getting to like this character more and more and the art is growing on me.

Strontium Dog: The usual quality, with Alpha baiting his hateful sibling nicely.

Overall: Very impressed. Now just bring back Dante for an actual sustained run (can?t believe it?s been a year since his appearance in the Xmas mega-prog) and I might stick around.
"Trust we"

Conexus

Thought last prog was great but this one is even more aces!

NecroClown

Cover - Simple but effective, better than last weeks.

Dredd - Outstanding, I'm really enjoying this especially with the clone plotlines being tied in and the vast technicolour goodness of the Big Meg.

Faces - Didn't rate this at first but anything that has an alien sex kitten pushing people out of windows gets my vote.

Asylum II - Hated it. Glad it's over. Next!

Lobster Random - I'm lovin' it!

Strontium Dog - Second best strip behind Dredd and more than makes up for 'Headly Foot Job'.

Endjinn

Dredd - tip top awesome and then some.

Faces - was doubtful but it's crammed with stuff.

Lobster - if it wasn't for Total War this'd be the pick o' the prog.

Asylum 2 - this, and the previous episode were awesome. Shame the 6 before were a bit tame. I liked the fact it wasn't a clear cut story, and while I wouldn't queue for Asylum 3, I'd still welcome it.

Stront - not been as blistering as it was hyped to be, and probably suffering in my eyes when compared to Total War. But still top dollar.

Proudhuff

Strange on this site and everything, only 24 boarders could be arsed commenting/ discussing on last weeks prog...

wonder how this week will do

Huff Didnay
DDT did a job on me

Jared Katooie

I only got the prog yesreday.

It was good.

House of Usher

I rarely comment on the week's Prog because I never get it before Thursday, and by Friday it seems a bit late to bother adding anything to what's already been said.
STRIKE !!!