Main Menu

What firearms/rifles can you legally own?

Started by Batman's Superior Cousin, 31 August, 2008, 06:01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakeblues69

Wow, that sucks. All you need here in R.I. is a drivers license and to fill out a form to buy a rifle/assault rifle/shotgun/semi auto submachine gun. A pistol requires a very easy to obtain permit and a 7-14 wait for paperwork to clear on each purchase. I'm getting ready to move out to the sticks in southwestern Maine and can't wait to be able to target shoot right out my back door again.
I'm Dr. Rockso, the rock and roll clown. I do cocaine! My video was banned from music television, cause you could see my junk... through my jumpsuit!

TordelBack

QuoteWow, that sucks.

Matter of opinion, I imagine.

jakeblues69

Quote from: "TordelBack"
QuoteWow, that sucks.

Matter of opinion, I imagine.

Agreed. I grew up on a farm in the country and hunting was pretty much always a part of life. Joined the Army at 17. I've just always been around guns and enjoy shooting. I couldn't imagine going out into the mountains without at least having a pistol on my belt. It's always pretty funny when I have some of my Euro friends visiting and we go to the range. Everyone is nervous and apprehensive at first, but once we start firing up some targets I can't reload the weapons fast enough.
I'm Dr. Rockso, the rock and roll clown. I do cocaine! My video was banned from music television, cause you could see my junk... through my jumpsuit!

TordelBack

I do know where you're coming from jakeblues, I used to love .22 target shooting at county fairs (possibly the only sport I was ever any good at) and clay-pigeon shotgun shoots on the beach, all when I was a nipper.  But the idea of ready access to guns in the home and society in general scares the crap out of me.

jakeblues69

Quote from: "TordelBack"But the idea of ready access to guns in the home and society in general scares the crap out of me.

I can totally understand that. We have plenty of people here that should have no access to firearms whatsoever and yet they manage to legally purchase and own firearms. It always seems like there are only two sides here when it comes to firearms, take them all away or hand them out to everyone and neither side wants to even think about compromise. My biggest fear is someone getting into my place and stealing my weapons, even though I have gone to great lengths to secure and conceal them.

Queen Firey-Bou

veeery interesting thread, I am taking quiet notes.

we should all have as many guns as possible, and machetes, and home made bombs, yes, that'll show em, and the deliverance theme tune playing in all our public places while we assert to mow down any fucker who threatens our liberty to mow them down or disagree with our freedom of speech or messes up the fung shui. we should all absolutely have the means to kill people at the press of a trigger, thats the best means of conflict resolution there is.

//http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_midlands/7592608.stm

COMMANDO FORCES

Well done there Queen Firey-Bou, I just checked the second amendment to the United States Constitution and you copied it word for word :lol:  :lol:

Proudhuff

Owning guns in the Uk is the opposite of the voting here: If your a Lord, mad or in prison you can't vote but can own as many guns as you like, you can also shoot any Scotsmen you see on the streets of York after Midnight, seems fair.
DDT did a job on me

Dandontdare

Quote from: "Proudhuff"you can also shoot any Scotsmen you see on the streets of York after Midnight

I thought that was Welshmen in Chester? And only from the city walls with a bow and arrow.

TordelBack

QuoteI thought that was Welshmen in Chester? And only from the city walls with a bow and arrow.

And I thought it was Catholics in Trinity College Dublin?  But only the Provost, and only one a year.

Old Tankie

The Enigmatic Dr X

Speaking as  Catholic Scotsman, you lot can all fuck off.
Lock up your spoons!

Mardroid

Quote from: "Queen Firey-Bou"//http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_midlands/7592608.stm

I kinda feel sorry for the sister. Imagine growing up with the knowledge you killed your baby brother...

Old Tankie