Previous topic - Next topic

Batman's Superior Cousin

My attempt to leave home. Here is the operation's goals:
1. Go to the Gym more often to keep fit and gain muscles
2. Learn how to drive - must celebrate by getting a tatoo done on my back
3. Get a job
4. Apply for a firearm and shotgun licence
5. Get a girlfriend
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

TordelBack

I can see how No. 4 might be a pre-requisite for No. 5.

Richmond Clements

the shutdown man

Just out of curiosity, why are these things scheduled for 2009 in particular?
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

Buttonman

I get it, you're going to be the wheel man in the next Guy Ritchie robbery caper. Take the moll along and all 5 will be in use simultaniously.

Buttonman

Here's my 2008 resolutions , taken from my january 5 blog :

RESOLUTIONS

1) LOSE THE BEEF - From a high of 17st I got down to 13st 8 but am now back to 15st. This year will see me at and staying at 13st. The diet is already 5 days old and going well. I'm hungry all the time so it must be working.

2) MIRACLE MILE - Beat that long standing mile record of 6m45s and hopefully go sub 6m.

3) MOVIE MADNESS - See all 250 films on the IMDb list. This changes all the time so I've done a database based on the list at the starting point. Initially I'd seen 114 but have increased that to 184 in the last few weeks. The American TV writers' has helped as there's nothing else on. It has meant watching some Kurosawa, Fellini and Truffaut but there's good stuff too! With my usual mania I suspect this one will be done by March.

4) POST RATED - Regain my position of most published reader in my journals. Joint second last year with a pitiful 5 - a disgrace!

5) ROAD TO RICHES - A bit vague as we don't have definite plans for the business next year, so I'll be happy if I end the year better off that I am now. (£2 in a fruit machine could secure that!)

Sadly only 3) has been completed so far although 1) and 2) are still getable. 4) is on target and 5) is up in the air- should I hold or nudge?

Good to have targets Batson but make them attainable and do go for all at once or you'll lose focus and get depressed when it all doesn't come together, like it does in the films and that.

TheEdge

Quote from: "Batson"My attempt to leave home. Here is the operation's goals:
1. Go to the Gym more often to keep fit and gain muscles
2. Learn how to drive - must celebrate by getting a tatoo done on my back
3. Get a job
4. Apply for a firearm and shotgun licence
5. Get a girlfriend

You may not get 5 after she finds out about 4, unless she has teeth like a horse and her daddy has lots of shotguns.

Are you buying a home, cause i think storage of the items required for 4 may be an issue. not the license thats not too hard to get.

Also i hope your 20 odd cause thats a sad list for a 40 year old.
"Save Trees, Eat Beavers"
"Animal Rights: Animals have the right to be tasty"

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: "the shutdown man"Just out of curiosity, why are these things scheduled for 2009 in particular?
I got a holiday coming up later this year and I might not know what my New Years Resolution is if I do them now.
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Jim_Campbell

Am I going to get into trouble for suggesting that learning to spell the word "independence" should be on someone's list?

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

SamuelAWilkinson

Quote from: "Jim_Campbell"Am I going to get into trouble for suggesting that learning to spell the word "independence" should be on someone's list?

Cheers!

Jim

I'm glad someone else got there first. I don't want to be the one to correct everyone's English.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

Old Tankie

Watch what you say, Jim, the guy wants to get a gun!

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Ya a few of those will appear on my list this year, but the gun thing, I really don't get.

Bongo Jack

My goals are like that except for:

2: buy a better bike - this helps with aim 1, and oil is gonna be gone in our lifetime, leaving automobile culture in a vastly different place once devoid of speed and power.  Maybe this is a recommendation, though - enjoy it while it lasts and all that, and then you can join in with everyone else shouting about why public transport wasn't given priority.  Probably useful to have the licence just in case any of your mates' waters break in comically-inappropriate moments, or you have to get Bruce Willis across the city to stop a bomb while making wisecracks about your ethnicity.  It happens more often than you think!
4: learn to surf, tour Asian coastline doing same on any stretch of beach possible - especially that Aussie one where they pull at least one poor [spoiler]fuck[/spoiler]er out of the water every day.  Haven't a clue why this idea popped into my head a while back, but its there now and it ain't gone nowhere.  Nor do I want it to.
Live forever or die trying

the shutdown man

Yeah, plans are great, I should probably make some.
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

TordelBack