Main Menu

FUTURE SHOCK! 2000AD Documentary announced

Started by JamesC, 03 April, 2013, 12:41:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

Pat Mills has tweeted that he and Kev O'Neill are doing a Q+A at the BFI screening afterwards.

Dandontdare

AlexF

I've just booked a ticket and from what I could tell, there are at least 30 seats still spare (just under half of the total - it's one of the smaller BFI rooms). None left on the end of a row if that's a barrier.

Very excited about the film, and especially seeing Mills and O'Neill in the flesh!

SuperSurfer

Ah, I was just looking at the main block when I booked and didn't see the side blocks.

I couldn't make sense of the BFI website TBH. I booked in a mad rush using new Macs and Wacom tablets which I am still getting used to.

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Steve Green

Too early to say where it would be shown.

I read they had signed a distribution deal somewhere... I'm sure we'll find out in good time.

supermegabot

Borag Thungg, fellow earthlets!

This is Helen, one of the producers of Future Shock. From myself and the rest of the team we'd like to thank you all so much for your continued amazing support as we got this thing made.

We can't wait to see you guys at the BFI, Thought Bubble or at a con in the very near future!

dweezil2

Quote from: supermegabot on 20 October, 2014, 05:44:36 PM
Borag Thungg, fellow earthlets!

This is Helen, one of the producers of Future Shock. From myself and the rest of the team we'd like to thank you all so much for your continued amazing support as we got this thing made.

We can't wait to see you guys at the BFI, Thought Bubble or at a con in the very near future!

Hi Helen!

Great to have you on the forum!

Can't wait to see Future Shock at the bfi on the 28th!

Can you confirm whether the documentary is getting a Blu-ray/DVD release?

Many thanks!   :)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

supermegabot

Glad to hear it, we're very excited for it too, can't wait.

It's impossible to say for certain at this stage in the life of the film, watch this space!

Thanks!
H

dweezil2

Quote from: supermegabot on 22 October, 2014, 10:32:06 PM
Glad to hear it, we're very excited for it too, can't wait.

It's impossible to say for certain at this stage in the life of the film, watch this space!

Thanks!
H

Cheers Helen!   :thumbsup:   :)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Colin YNWA

Well was lucky enough to see this at Thought Bubble yesterday. Now its fair to say that I was an easy sell and was pretty much predisposed to love this BUT being as objective as possible it was a really great documentry as well as being F**kin' AMAZING!

It juggled keeping the story of 2000ad's 37 year history ticking along chronologically while focusing on interesting themes throughout. Tackled pretty much ever aspect of the comic you could wish for both beautiful and ugly. The makers managed to somehow pull out some wonderfully frank and honest commentry from a host of interested parties. Some of the editing was quite superb. Its genuinely laughout loud funny at times. Oh and the use of animated stills from the comic was done really well making the whole talking head thing wonderfully broken up with great visuals. Music was great...

... okay so I'm not being that objective am I. I know everyone whats more Dredd and what not but for me this was the 2000ad movie I've been waiting for. While I know a documentry will always be a niche market but this is the kinda thing that can generate real interest from those that see it in our lovely little comic.

Thanks to all involved for making it.

The Galaxies Greatest Documentry

COMMANDO FORCES

The creative team behind it are working hard to sort out the distribution stuff. I had a wee chat at the Planet Replicas stand with them and as with everything, it takes a little time.
I heard nothing but fantastic feedback from a lot of people afterwards, in person and via the web, which is great!

Eamonn Clarke

Pity that the disc skipped a few times at the Thought Bubble screening. Seemed to cut off the end of Dave Gibbons' anecdotes the most.  :(

Fungus

The minor glitches were greeted by heartfelt groans, a recommendation in itself...
Seemed to last about 8 mins, though apparently it is longer  :)  Wonderful.

Steve Green

That's a shame they had glitches - but yeah it is a wonderful documentary.