Main Menu

Dredd v Robo-Hunter

Started by Link Prime, 21 September, 2023, 05:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

It's gettin difficult to navigate this Forum, but has no-one mentioned next week's Dredd v Robo-Hunter story??

Look's like a lot of fun on the way from those rapscallions Ennis & Flint;

https://comicon.com/2023/09/19/2000-ad-prog-2351-all-new-line-up-and-the-return-of-sam-slade-and-garth-ennis-its-robo-hunting-good/

nxylas

Still suffering PTSD from the Mark Millar run, but I'm sure Ennis will do a better job.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

Proudhuff

'Finally, there's the long overdue second series of Helium by Ian Edginton and D'Israeli. And by long overdue, we're talking 2015 when the first part of this great series ran. It takes place 300 years since the great war ended on an Earth where 85% of the surface is now under a gaseous ocean of biological weapons smog known as the Poison Belt. The remains of humanity live in the High Lands, above the lethal fog and travel across the skies in all manner of ships. But there are rumours of life beneath the Belt and one Professor has appeared to claim that the world could be habitable once more.'

Yasss!

Would love to see Ian Mcque take on this:https://www.this-is-cool.co.uk/sci-fi-art-ian-mcque/

DDT did a job on me

IndigoPrime

Smashing Robo-Hunter continuity into Judge Dredd? Hark. I think I hear the Robin Low alarm ringing! :D

Colin YNWA

We'll wait to see what its like, I'm sure it will be fun. BUT there seems to be quite a few of these novelty, eventy type things at the moment. Imagine they must be good for sales but beginning to lose their sparkle.

broodblik

I personally think they should have this in the xmas prog rather and make the next prog a truly jump-on point with all new stories. Lets see how it goes since I am not the biggest Robo fan
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Swerty

Always good to see Sam back.One of my favourites from when I first read the Prog back in the 80's

Dash Decent

I like the prog cover, with Sam reflected in Walter's scween, er, screen.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Robin Low

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 21 September, 2023, 07:57:27 PMSmashing Robo-Hunter continuity into Judge Dredd? Hark. I think I hear the Robin Low alarm ringing! :D

Unfinished, of course, and in the (attempted) style of the time...

HUNTERS
A six-page Judge Dredd story by Robin Low

PAGE ONE
PANEL ONE

Dredd shaking hands with Chief Judge Goodman in the Chief Judge's office. We're talking 2099 here, so keep in mind the style of uniform and décor (a huge eagle chair for the Chief Judge, that kind of thing).

CAPTION: Mega-City One 2099. A few months after the Robot War. Chief Judge Goodman is talking to his top officer, Judge Dredd!

CHIEF JUDGE GOODMAN: Good to see you, Dredd. Glad you could find time to see me.

JUDGE DREDD: Always happy to make time, Sir! How can I help you?

PANEL TWO

The Chief Judge is showing Dredd a wall screen filled with images of Judges fighting various malfunctioning robots, vehicles and household appliances.

CHIEF JUDGE GOODMAN: You defeated the robot rebellion, but there are still problems. Rogue droids, malfunctioning autocabs, toasters that complain about white bread ... so much automation.

CHIEF JUDGE GOODMAN: It's a drain on our time.

PANEL THREE

CHIEF JUDGE GOODMAN: I've set-up a civilian group to tackle this. Youngsters who understand robots, computers and electronics. They can deal with rogue machines, leaving Judges to get on with the real work!

PANEL FOUR

JUDGE DREDD: Are you sure that's wise, Sir? It takes an experienced Judge to deal with Heavy Metal Kids and psycho gardening droids!

CHIEF JUDGE GOODMAN: That's why I need you, Dredd! Someone who can show these youngsters how it's done!

PANEL FIVE

Dredd stands with his hands on hips, looking strong and noble, while Goodman pats Dredd on the shoulder.

JUDGE DREDD: Seems mighty risky to me, Sir, but I'll do my best to kick them into shape!

CHIEF JUDGE GOODMAN: Good man, Joe, I knew I could rely on you!

PANEL SIX

Goodman is holding his thumb and forefinger together to indicate the one little problem.

CHIEF JUDGE GOODMAN: There is just one little problem...

PAGE TWO

PANEL ONE

CHIEF JUDGE GOODMAN: ...And his name is Slade. Samuel Slade!

Regards,

Robin

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Quote from: Robin Low on 22 September, 2023, 07:23:10 PMJUDGE DREDD: Are you sure that's wise, Sir?

Channeling Sgt. Wilson.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Robin Low

Quote from: Dash Decent on 23 September, 2023, 08:33:58 AM
Quote from: Robin Low on 22 September, 2023, 07:23:10 PMtoasters that complain about white bread

I blame the pastry-archy.

You're a bad man.

Quote from: Dash Decent on 23 September, 2023, 08:36:04 AM
Quote from: Robin Low on 22 September, 2023, 07:23:10 PMJUDGE DREDD: Are you sure that's wise, Sir?

Channeling Sgt. Wilson.

Respect to any artist who could convey Wilson's eye-rolling through the helmet!

Regards,
Robin