Main Menu

Caballistics Inc.

Started by Andy B, 25 June, 2015, 12:39:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy B

The last time I tried this, I asked for a collected Button Man, and got it! So here goes...

Caballistics remains out of print, and even if you can track down copies, it's missing the last few episodes. Anybody know if there are any plans to rectify this heinous treatment of one of the best thrills of this century? Even a definite 'no' would free me up to settle for the incomplete digital version...

And while I'm at it, another Dredd volume collecting the best stuff since 'Day of Chaos: Fallout' would be nice. There's plenty of it!

(I know this should be in the 'Suggestions' forum, but for some reason I don't get 'new topic' and 'reply' buttons in there...)

Thanks!

The Adventurer

With Absolom being pretty hot right now it's a bit shocking that Cabs continues to be OOP and incomplete.

Grated in a perfect world Rennie and Reardon would give us a concluding Cabs story, since it last left off on an annoying cliffhanger, and that would be collected into a 3rd volume.

But I'll expect that about the same time we see Lobster Random again.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Hawkmumbler

Isn't Absalom supposed to be tying up some Cabs plot threads? Prity sure  [spoiler]Ravne and Demon Jenny's made a cameo in the first story, inc. baby.[/spoiler], so maybe it's not completely out of the question.

As for Cabs TPB's, I own Going Underground but not Creepshow, so a rerelease of the latter with the final story would be nice.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 25 June, 2015, 09:56:35 AM
Isn't Absalom supposed to be tying up some Cabs plot threads? Prity sure  [spoiler]Ravne and Demon Jenny's made a cameo in the first story, inc. baby.[/spoiler], so maybe it's not completely out of the question.

Pretty sure the cameo was meant to be a sly nod to Cabs continuity which (IIRC) Gordon has said is a universe more-or-less parallel but separate to Absalom (whose name is spelled differently in Cabs). Of course, I don't think he's said anything absolutely definitive on this, so there's no reason why he couldn't mop some dangling plot threads, but I don't believe that was ever a stated intention of Absalom.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Anzati

I'll add my voice to this; I'm currently enjoying Absolom, but I've never read any caballistics Inc.

Timothy

Quote from: Anzati on 25 June, 2015, 10:07:33 AM
I'll add my voice to this; I'm currently enjoying Absolom, but I've never read any caballistics Inc.
Then do so. You won't regret it.

judgerussell

I was speaking to Dom at Lawgiver 2, and he said he'd love to do more Caballistics.

Come on Gordon, you know you wanna finish it.

IndigoPrime

Cabs was one of the best things I've read in 2000 AD. Perhaps Gordon just doesn't have any interest in it now, but here's hoping he does one day. Even if it's just one more run, it'd be great to see it back in the Prog. (I'm enjoying Absolom also.)

Zenith 666

If Gordon has no interest in caballistics inc could someone else not finish it it does need a conclusion and Ian Edginton I think would do a stellar job concluding it(plus his rate of output is phenomenal.Does he even sleep) with Mike Dowling on art duties if Mr Reardon's too busy.

Banners

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 25 June, 2015, 10:06:40 AM
Quote from: Hawkmonger on 25 June, 2015, 09:56:35 AM

Pretty sure the cameo was meant to be a sly nod to Cabs continuity which (IIRC) Gordon has said is a universe more-or-less parallel but separate to Absalom (whose name is spelled differently in Cabs). Of course, I don't think he's said anything absolutely definitive on this, so there's no reason why he couldn't mop some dangling plot threads, but I don't believe that was ever a stated intention of Absalom.

Cheers

Jim
Oh. I always thought Absalom was a direct spin-off, and 'ol Harry's surname just got retconed a little...

Dodsy

Quote from: The Adventurer on 25 June, 2015, 01:07:27 AM
I'll expect that about the same time we see Lobster Random again.

I'm never goign to give up hope on this!
Twitter - @dodsy84

Dan Banks

How about a digital 'phonebook' like Red Seas?

Woolly

Yeah, would love to see Caballistics get completed. And reprinted for that matter.
Would also love to know GRennie's thoughts on the matter: whether he actually wants to write it again, how he would feel if the series was given to a new writer, etc.

Whatever happens, I'm glad we got what we got. Some of Gordon and Dom's best work IMO.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 26 June, 2015, 12:51:01 PM
Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 25 June, 2015, 10:06:40 AM

Oh. I always thought Absalom was a direct spin-off, and 'ol Harry's surname just got retconed a little...

Yeah, that's my take too. Knowing Rennie, he just wanted to be able to work on Absalom freed from any obligation/expectation to pick up the few remaining Cabs plot threads (not that it's stopped us lot carping on about it).

It's not just the Ravne/Jenny cameo that seals it; the big twist at the end of the first series of Absalom only makes sense if you've read the respective character's appearances in Cabs when [spoiler]it's revealed that new recruit Jemima is a plant secretly working for Yolanda and the Star Chamber.[/spoiler]
@jamesfeistdraws