Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Feeley Good

Some nice pages on the bay at the moment, mine have got some competition. .

o1s1n

Did someone here get this???  :o

Unfortunately it was only up for a couple of hours and someone made the seller an offer. Would have jumped on it (no price too high!) if I had the chance.

Always, found the Nemesis drawing dodgy, but absolutely adore Torquemada in this one, one of my favourite images of him. Cover disturbed the hell out of me as a kid  :lol:

Pretty gutted I didn't see it first anyway, seeing as he only did 2 covers for the prog. Ah well, I hope the new owner enjoys it :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Cover-for-2000AD-Prog-546-by-John-Hicklenton-/121134326190?ViewItem=&ssPageName=ADME%3AB%3ASS%3AUS%3A1123&item=121134326190&nma=true&si=pBoUPJ6zD7rv3HkYbagEQ8KPwE0%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

hippynumber1

I know who did (wasn't me unfortunately) and he'll share in good time.  Now, Mr. o1s1n, about what we talked about...

o1s1n

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 28 June, 2013, 07:31:30 AM
I know who did (wasn't me unfortunately) and he'll share in good time.  Now, Mr. o1s1n, about what we talked about...

Had a word with him myself, lucky chap! Can't wait to see more photos of it :)

Regarding our discussions - Took the page out of storage the other day and seriously can't let go of it, far too precious! Have to get the finger out and send the four pages off to the framers. Absolute sin not to have them on display.

hippynumber1

Fair enough but if you ever change your mind...

Now then, off to hawk my Mick Austin around...  :lol:

Fatboydale

Ian Kennedy 1984 Sci Fi painted cover

ming

That really is a beauty, Dale.  But everyone's wondering where the 'Dale Grail' is, so spill the beans!

Colin YNWA

Even knowing that's Ian Kennedy, aside from Dredd's boot (and the bloody great signature) I still can't get it as Ian Kennedy! Don't know why just doesn't look like his work to my eyes???

hippynumber1

Link Prime

Ah the summer of '84...

Very nice Dale!

Andy_Lee

Lovely cover, that's painting right there.

I remember buying that summer special on holiday and being told I was too old for comics at 14.

Fatboydale

Quote from: ming on 28 June, 2013, 02:07:58 PM
That really is a beauty, Dale.  But everyone's wondering where the 'Dale Grail' is, so spill the beans!

ok here it is ...

Its not really suckers ...

Fatboydale

Dave Harwood written by Alan Moore Sci Fi special 1980

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 28 June, 2013, 02:20:27 PM
Even knowing that's Ian Kennedy, aside from Dredd's boot (and the bloody great signature) I still can't get it as Ian Kennedy! Don't know why just doesn't look like his work to my eyes???

Looking at Dredd's face, I'd bet cold, hard cash there's a rough or a thumbnail by Robin Smith under Kennedy's painted finish...

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

TordelBack

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 28 June, 2013, 02:20:27 PM

Check out the muzzle flash and the lighting on the shoulder eagle, not to mention the background vehicles - it's very Kennedy.  I suspect what's throwing you is the face - it's unlike anything he normally does, in fact if I wasn't looking at the original art there I'd suspect some Robin Smith bodging about the whole head area.  Maybe he was working directly from a Smith reference for the face?  Bloody lovely though, that special saw me through a wet fortnight in Waterford.

EDIT: Campbell beat me to it.