Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hippynumber1

Geoff

Just joined the forum, incredible stuff on this thread chaps!

Love the Esquerra pages above - it's not often you see Durham Red looking shocked.

I've got a few pages to upload, but still working on shrinking them down to an acceptable amount of KBs...

(Some are on CAF, but hopefully they'll stand up to a second viewing if anyone's seen them already...)

hippynumber1

For those of us that haven't Geoff, can you post a link to your caf gallery please?

Geoff

Sure: http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=104627

In the meantime, these are the 2 pages that started it all off for me back in the late 80s...when art was cheap but a crappy 14'' telly cost a month's wages!

Not sure how well they'll come out, as I had to shrink the KB size a lot...

Geoff

Not sure I've quite got the hang of this...

Any pointers gratefully received!

Jim_Campbell

Ordinarily, I'd have eyes only for the Dr & Quinch, but that Black Plague page is an absolute beauty...

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Colin YNWA

Yeah that is a lovely Ron Smith page.

Also how fantastic are Chris Weston's 'pre-lims' - Jez that's better than many professional arts can do full stop!

Spikes

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 13 February, 2015, 08:06:32 PM
Ordinarily, I'd have eyes only for the Dr & Quinch, but that Black Plague page is an absolute beauty...

Cheers

Jim

On yes, both very nice indeed. We dont see much in the way of DR and Quinch art pop up online, so always a treat to see.

Geoff

It's seeing Chris Weston's cover that sucked me back in to this comic art craziness after all these years...

As has been said many times on this thread, in the flesh it's just amazing.  I'd post Kleggy up, but Pete Wells' superb covers site has that covered with better scans than I could do.

DR & Quinch, only those 2 got close to Dredd in my affections...

hippynumber1

Great stuff! I use image sharer imgur to share photos on here - http://m.imgur.com. If you upload the picture, change link to BB code and copy & paste that into a post here you'll get decent, full size images!

Link Prime

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 09 February, 2015, 10:32:15 AM
Quote from: simon on 09 February, 2015, 08:49:36 AM
A while since I've been on here but the last few pages of Slaine: a Simple Killing are available to buy via my facebook page..link below....if interested in a purchase, message me via that page...pages are individually price and they're a bit of a bargain I'm told...

thanks all

Simon

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Simon-Davis-Comic-illustrator/334579703276735?ref=hl

I've had 2 pages from Simon previously (a cover and a spread) and they are luscious! I'd recommend everybody buy one!

I was lucky to get one- luscious indeed!
Cheers Simon.

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.

hippynumber1

Greg M.

Link Prime

Quote from: Greg M. on 14 February, 2015, 09:50:51 AM
Quote from: hippynumber1 on 14 February, 2015, 09:31:45 AM
It's not a competition!  ::)

Whoever dies with the most art wins! ;)

Funny, but also (in my current hungover 'fear' state) a horrifying thought.
If I were to drop dead of SADS right now what would happen to those wonderful folders filled with raw original Thrill Power?
No one really knows anything about them, they'd likely be overlooked- perhaps passed on to a crayola wielding nephew. Oh dear Grud- there is a fear greater than death itself...