Main Menu

Decent alternative to Demonoid?

Started by Pete Wells, 18 November, 2007, 05:27:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Wells

Dammit I feel totally lost without Demonoid to get my daily quota of strange and illegal stuff. It sucks that the CRIA have had it closed down.

Which other torrent sites can boarders recommend where one can acquire the latest stuff for research purposes before buying*?

* I hope that looks more convincing than it sounds in my head!

TordelBack

I'm finding that Mininova is surprisingly good.  

Bico

It's the companies' fault for making you want it!

Torrentz is a good torrent search engine which sifts through all the torrent sites for you in one go, saving you having to do each one individually - it gives you the results alongside a list of torrent sites, just in case there are ones you're deliberately avoiding.
I used to use Isohunt, but it's kinda slow in registering newer stuff. I only ever download tv shows, so as for stuff like software or movies, I can't really say if either site is reliable for those.

Wils

I'm finding that Mininova is surprisingly good.

Although since Demonoid's demise, it's really affected the amount available there as well.

skurvy

Yeah I miss Demonoid too. If it's comics you want then komics-live.com is superb.

Pete Wells

Komics-Live isn't taking registrations at the moment though :(

Any kindly boarder got an invite or does it not work like that?

skurvy

satchmo

Bah, no wonder I couldn't get komics live to work! How long will the registrations be closed does anyone know?

Pete Wells

Thanks to Skurvy, Marbles and everyone else.  You're great!

Rio De Fideldo

I too am missing Demonoid. I have been using Z Cult FM Tracker B but if anyone could send me the neccesary info for Komics-Live that would be appreciated.

iutley

And me!! Anyone still got any spare Komics Live invites left?

Marbles

I didn't realise you needed invites now ?

Awesome site.
Remember - dry hair is for squids

Richmond Clements

Marbles

I don't see anywhere in K-L where I can send an invite to others?? If I knew how to do it, I would...
Remember - dry hair is for squids

Rio De Fideldo

When you attempt to register it comes up with the message that it unable to process the registration. Any ideas?