Main Menu

Aeon Fuxxed

Started by Art, 03 December, 2005, 06:02:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron Smurf Murphy

Rocky - Working Class kid makes good.

Rocky II - Poor White American smacks around rich Black American.

Rocky III - Rocky tells TV stars with eyes set on Hollywood where they stand - by smacking them.

Rocky IV - Rocky defeats communism and brings down the Berlin Wall but is left brain damaged because it's political and that involved thinking.

Rocky V - Rocky smacks up pushy young upstarts on the streets between picking up disability allowance and running a gym.

Rocky VI - Rocky deals with growing retired population in America? (By smacking them).

Art

Does he fight r. T in V? When does he buy his kid a robot?

Roger Godpleton

He fights Mr. T in III. He loses the first time because he's lost the Eye of the Tiger due to all that money he had. (To be fair, he also took on Hulk Hogan a few weeks earlier Brother.) Then he talks to rich Black Guy who he pasted in 2, who had a similar experience. Rocky needs to be hungry once more, so he starts training in a scummy gym, chases some chickens, gets his rematch with Mr. T. at Madison Square Garden and wins his title, but more importantly his pride, back once again.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Rob Spalding

Mr T will also be in Rocky VI as a good guy!

Quirkafleeg

In V he did try and give some commentry on Dom Kings take over of the fight game (no seriously, he did). God knows what he'll do now... 'Rocky, there's no one decent left to fight as anyone with any sense who could be a heavyweight boxer does American Football or basketball instead' 'Just play Eye of the Tiger over shots of me skipping, punching da meat and running up those steps... no one will notice'

Art

...watched Aeon flux the other day. The first half hour dragged horrible (The frontload it with exposition in both voice over and text form) but after that it was pretty fun. Visually it's great, and it has some pretty cool moments and all hangs together pretty well, which I wouldn't have expected from the scathing reviews.

Oh, and part of it is shot in a nazi windtunnel, which is nice.

Art

...and, reading upthread, I can can confirm that Doom did suckass when i eventually got around to seeing it.

Floyd-the-k

also he gets a free chicken

the3rdman

I've seen aeon flux. Its kind of pretty to look at, but over complicated bollocks throughout the first half. It has you thinking 'whats this all about?', then it comes together for the last 30mins but isn't worth the effort at all.

The rich black guy is former Heavyweight Champion, The Dancing Destroyer, The King of Sting, The Count of Monte Fisto, The Master of Disaster, the one and only Apollo Creed!

Radbacker

saw this the other day too, well much better than i'd heard but funny enough Doom was much worse than i anticipated.
Not much to do with the cartoon though, they should've just called it "Funky Hot TEch Girl of the Future" or some such to stop the winging.

CU Radbacker

I, Cosh

I think you will find there will be no such film as Rocky VI. There will, however, be Rocky Balboa.
We never really die.