Main Menu

The Zarjaz, Dogbreath & FQP comics thread

Started by Bolt-01, 25 June, 2016, 08:06:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

Seeing as reviews are appearing (Thanks Al) I'd best get the cover out there.

Zarjaz 39 goes on sale Sunday and boasts a cover by the one and only Dave Taylor, highlighting the very first appearance in Zarjaz for Halo Jones!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Bolt-01

Thanks Broodblik, we always try to get someone special for the cover.

Meanwhile here is a cracking review from Down the Tubes:

https://downthetubes.net/?p=125172

On sale tomorrow and posting as early as Monday!

Bolt-01

Now available:

Zarjaz 39 sees Halo Jones join the roster of strips as we once again want to go OUT! Other stories this issue include return trips to Mega-City one and the world of FLESH! Featuring a cover by 2000 AD droid Dave Taylor. 48 pages for a mere £3.00

Flesh - Leader Of The Pack by writer Alan Holloway and artist Ed Doyle

Future Shock - Alien by writer Graham Cannon and artist Eddy Lyle

Halo Jones - Flood by writer Robomonkey147 and artist Daniel Reed

Judge Dredd - Anti-social Behaviour by writer Dan Whitehead and artist Ste Pickford

Judge Dredd – 'Bank Raid' in the court of appeal by writer Robert Frazer

Judge Dredd - Dear Billy by writer Chris Hallam and artist Sinclair Elliott

Tales of Mega-City One - A Cold Heart by writer Heath Ackley and artist Dave Peloe

Tales of Mega-City One - Foolproof by writer Matt Sharp and artist Luke Haynes

Tales of Mega-City One - Small Fry by writer Tom Shapira and artist Sam Weller

This, and all issues of Zarjaz are available from The FQP Webshop

Daveycandlish

Forgot to order this when it launched.
I have now rectified this error.
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Bolt-01

Many thanks Davey - and congrats on the Paragon KS too.

Daveycandlish

That was a really strong issue  - kudos to all concerned.
I particularly liked the reveal at the end of the Future Shock - Alien. Excellent!
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Bolt-01

Thanks Davey!

Don't forget Squaxx -- ZARJAZ thrills you like no other fanzine (except Dogbreath)

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

I cant remember if I commented on it- apologies if I didnt- by the latest Zarjaz is one of the best issues I've ever read (and I've been buying for years)- a seriously good strip zine. Kudos to all concerned.

SBT

Bolt-01

Thanks very much SBT -- always a pleasure to get some feedback!