Main Menu

'Nuff said

Started by Mikey, 06 September, 2007, 10:01:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikey

Gaze,if you dare,at the white heat of research done by physicists!

Superheroes always win because,apparently, they're more socially connected than the villains.Not because the plans for a mega freeze ray/mass mind control/blowing up New York came to naught because of the pesky meddling etc...

Maybe it's just me,but should these guys not be looking for quarks or hanging weights off springs or something?

M.

Link: http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn12568-why-superheroes-always-win.html" target="_blank">I thought it was about alienation an that...

To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Bad Andy

Probably why Dredd's been building up his own scooby-gang of late.

Not that he's a superhero of course.

Gothmog

So the Marvel Universe's  fictional occupants co-exist and interact with each other in ways that  resemble the social networks of  the humans who created them.  And the protagnoists of the comics are the social hubs.

Sounds to me like he's got a masters degree in stating the bleedin' obvious.  As you say, he probably should've been looking for quarks and hanging weights off springs but was actually sitting around the lab all day reading comics until his colleagues caught on.
"Yes I am reading a comic but it's a vital part of my study into social networks.  Erm,  yes I know I'm looking at the specail swimsuit edition at the moment but a minute ago I was reading a fascinating issue where The Thing and The Hulk had an argument after one of them accidentaly trod on the other's foot.  Then they started punching each other through buildings,"

JOE SOAP

***Superheroes always win because,apparently, they're more socially connected than the villains.***

...should that not be socially connected TO the villians since generally the only/most social contact superheroes have is with the villians they fight.

Superheroes are billy-no-mates.