Main Menu

Steve Dillon: Apex Edition

Started by broodblik, 14 October, 2023, 04:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Lorenzo

I'm gonna get my order in now just to make sure!  :lol:
Only another 8 months to go  :o

Batman's Superior Cousin

Yeah, I was alerted yo this last night by Omar (from Near Mint Condition):
https://youtu.be/wQ3TV3H7vqw?si=vngEB3snRpDIW6zA
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

IndigoPrime

Really nice to see Omar getting to announce a 2000 AD book. His channel is one of the very best and has some great reach. The more 2000 AD stuff he can cover, the better for getting the word out!

karlos

Omar is a top bloke and this, of course, looks incredible.

Le Fink

Lorenzo

Excellent! Not long to wait now!
I notice they have changed the cover to the classic Block Mania panel with Judge Giant as well  :D
Really looking forward to this one.

Swerty

If my Maths is right that's about half of Cry of the Werewolf?

Lorenzo

Well, according to Funt's 2000AD in Stages, there are 48 pages and 3 covers spread over 7 parts. So, pretty close to half of that story.

broodblik

Cover for The 2000 AD Art Of Steve Dillon - Apex Edition:

broodblik

Cover for The 2000 AD Art Of Steve Dillon - Apex Slipcase Edition:

Swerty

I know I'm in the minority but I have a real soft spot for his work on Rogue Trooper

Funt Solo

Quote from: Swerty on 26 March, 2024, 08:58:17 PMI know I'm in the minority but I have a real soft spot for his work on Rogue Trooper

I love Dillon's art on RT. Cool little hover bike designs and mad, tusked aliens.

(Even the premise of The Hit storyline isn't entirely atrocious, but it being coupled with such a disjointed publishing schedule made it difficult to love. Nice that Cinnabar works better as a story.)
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

pauljholden

Who did the rogue trooper print? Pretty sure that's not Steve.