Main Menu

Strontium Dog Fan Film

Started by Steve Green, 19 September, 2014, 03:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

You'll need to shave or wax...

Pete Wells

In that case, how's about the Clacton Fuzz?

Steve Green

Things are coming along.

I've just been sent pics of the 3D print of the helmet, so we should have that, the Westinghouse and the Electronux props (as well as the badge) on the Planet Replicas stand (tables 3/4 in the Royal Armouries Hall) at Thought Bubble.

They're most likely going to be painted in primer, presented as sculpts rather than finished props.

The helmet has taken a few revisions, but we think we're there with it.

I'll post photos after Thought Bubble, as they're all WIP cameraphone pics at the moment.

strontium71

Are they going to be sold as replicas one day? I don't know if I've got the wrong end of the happy stick , and they are just for the fan film only?
...because I hate you.

Steve Green

I would think it's possible, seeing what happened with Minty, but it's up to PR to make a call on what's viable out of possible props.

strontium71

Well , here's hoping  :P
Cheers , Steve!
...because I hate you.

Steve Green

Bat King

Need an S/D badge... My build id way off for a Judge & I don'y have £2k spare...

But an S/D badge, a repainted Nerf n a bit of invention... I could do a much better S/D costume than my previous attempt.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Steve Green

Yeah, I think there's a lot of scope - as long as you've got the badge you can go wild, there's no uniform as such.

shaolin_monkey

I still own the SD beanie, but no longer wear it. I was sick of telling my kids 'No, it doesn't stand for Scooby Doo.'

Bat King

Got a cool embryo of an idea with me n a workmate for Stronts. So that's 2 S/D badges ;)

He's also looking at a Long Walk and/or Wally Squad Judge. I'll be dragging him kicking n screaming to the PR table on Saturday ;)
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Steve Green

Any of those are good - the long walkers in particular, just have to look at Carlos designs for the various ones in Cursed Earth Koburn to get ideas.

Frank

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 03 November, 2014, 09:28:18 PM
I still own the SD beanie, but no longer wear it. I was sick of telling my kids 'No, it doesn't stand for Scooby Doo.'

ARF! I've always wondered whether the similarity was a result of Carlos unconsciously absorbing seventies telly or whether being asked to create a badge for a strip with the word dog in its name brought out some sly humour in him. He would have gotten away with it, if it wasn't for us pesky kids:

Steve Green

I always remember the Dobermann stront raising a smile (OK not a Great Dane, but still looked partial to scooby snacks)

James Stacey