Main Menu

Strontium Dog Fan Film

Started by Steve Green, 19 September, 2014, 03:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spikes

I'm probably the only one here - and so will be roundly set upon now, but I never liked Alpha's choice of headgear.

Not one bit. Sorry.

Steve Green

It's certainly more challenging than Dredd's helmet to make work.

Even by virtue of it not being a uniform, it's unusual.

I can't imagine us doing a fan film and not having the helmet, or changing it so much that's barely recognisable.

The Legendary Shark

Maybe one of his first bounties was Moonbonce Malone, the malicious mutant military milliner of Melton Mowbray.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Steve Green

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: Spikes on 10 November, 2014, 07:05:12 PM
I'm probably the only one here - and so will be roundly set upon now, but I never liked Alpha's choice of headgear.

Not one bit. Sorry.

SACRILEGE!!!  BURN THE HERETIC!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist! :D  Now get on the pyre.

Steve Green

A giant wicker cucumber awaits.

strangelysaucy

props, scribbles and fiddle-aboutery - https://www.facebook.com/Strangelysaucy

Steve Green

Jock posing with a couple of the prototype props.

Both he and Carlos amongst others were fantastic giving feedback while I was making the digital model>

Steve Green

A pic on the Planet Replicas stand at Thought Bubble.

Steve Green

Steve Green

The digital model

Basically I did the helmet digital model, Dan did the westinghouse and Dan printed them in pieces, assembled them, cleaned up the prints etc.

TordelBack

The Legendary Shark

Too big.
Kidding!
That looks way better than I was expecting - excellent.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.

Steve Green

Cheers - it's still a WIP, may need tweaks once we get it on the actor, but being a digital model it's not so labour intensive to make it slightly larger if need be, than if it were a physical sculpt originally.

Still time re-printing and cleaning up, but a better option for this sort of thing I think.

Carlos, Jock and others have been great giving feedback which I really appreciate.