Main Menu

Strontium Dog Fan Film

Started by Steve Green, 19 September, 2014, 03:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

Quote from: Steve Green on 18 November, 2014, 11:55:23 AM
Here's a picture of Boo Cook wearing the helmet, I've shifted it down about half an inch.

Cheers, Steve.  It all looks fantastic to me.  I hope we see these in the PR shop one day.  Good to see Mr Cook keeping his finger clear of the trigger!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Steve Green

For comparison, it's pretty much the same amount at the front as the Halo FUD ones.

Steve Green

Quote from: Dash Decent on 18 November, 2014, 12:49:26 PM
Quote from: Steve Green on 18 November, 2014, 11:55:23 AM
Here's a picture of Boo Cook wearing the helmet, I've shifted it down about half an inch.

Cheers, Steve.  It all looks fantastic to me.  I hope we see these in the PR shop one day.  Good to see Mr Cook keeping his finger clear of the trigger!

That will make Burdis happy!

Fingers crossed on the PR Shop front.

Beeks

Quote from: Steve Green on 18 November, 2014, 12:52:07 PM
For comparison, it's pretty much the same amount at the front as the Halo FUD ones.

Now that doesn't look half the size of the other picture!

Looks like it was the size of the bust as you said

Looks great and thanks
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

Beeks

PS: Anything that appears in the PR shop as a direct result of this little enterprise i'm buying...fact  :lol:
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

Steve Green

You're welcome!

I can't speak for PR but yeah it makes sense to sell anything that's being made anyway...

I guess it depends on demand, as Dredd is the more well-known property and sells more.

Fungus

The helmet does seem impractical, hampering Johnny's peripheral vision. Until of course, you realise his eyes could see through it anyway...
I'm sure whoever plays Johnny will be careful  :)

Steve Green

Haha, more a case of (Strontium) Dogs can't look up.

Beeks

Quote from: eamonn1961 on 18 November, 2014, 04:41:41 PM
And Carlos sketch by comparison

It's different in the comics though..you can be exaggerated as you like..it's make believe

I remember when the Dredd outfit pics first came out and a few people on the forum were aghast at the lack of giant eagle shoulder pad..but the reboot uniform worked..you could imagine judges going on patrol in it

i'd like to see a realistic interpretation of Alpha's outfit..and Looks like Steve & the crew aim to deliver just that  :)

Steve Green

I think the reboot one works well, although it the realism angle means it loses a bit of the defining silhouette of Dredd.

Alpha (helmet aside) is probably easier since it's a much more variable concept of an outfit.

It can either be a bandolier, or it can be a gilet or jacket, and it has much more layers than Dredd.

Pads will still be there, but scaled back a little.

Eamonn Clarke

I was impressed at how much the prototype looked like the Carlos sketch when worn by Master Burdid

Steve Green

Cheers - I think I'm going to avoid shooting too many profile shots if I can help it - Alpha has such a straight nose - it would look a bit odd in real life.

Presumably a straight nose isn't part of his Alpha powers...

Steve Green

Here's an earlier version of the Westinghouse (more of a streamlined redesign) that Dan made.

I imagine the materials will be similar to this but on the new one.

Skullmo

Whoever plays Alpha could wear a prosthetic nose like Nicole Kidman did when playing  virginia woolf
It's a joke. I was joking.