Main Menu

Strontium Dog Fan Film

Started by Steve Green, 19 September, 2014, 03:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

To be honest I wouldn't expect too many.

It's a short film, and there's not a lot to show without giving stuff away, or repeating ourselves.

judda fett

Fair enough, just excited and eager to see how it's getting along and that.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Steve Green on 07 May, 2015, 08:06:02 PM
To be honest I wouldn't expect too many.

It's a short film, and there's not a lot to show without giving stuff away, or repeating ourselves.
Tell that to the Cursed Edge crew.  :P

Steve Green

I wasn't having a pop at anyone in particular, more a general observation about films in general.

The first teaser for Minty wasn't through choice, that was down to a certain person lifting a bit of my reel after I got made redundant and put of a bit of Minty on the end.

I'm just not that wild about making trailers for our own things, certainly not for a short.

I really don't see the point of showing highlights and sneak previews which dilute the end product.

COMMANDO FORCES

You'll have to trust the extras, who are helping out, when they say it looks good from the dedication and work that they've seen put into it.

Steve Green

A few production stills so far.

Colin YNWA

Bloody and indeed hell.

You fellas sure know how to keep us fans happy - they look bloody amazing!

Steve Green

Dash Decent

That looks great!

Are Alpha's eyes meant to glow all the time?  I thought they were white and featureless (like when you roll your eyes back so only the whites are visible) and only glowed when he was using particular powers.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Steven Sterlacchini

At the moment we're going for a general low glow all the time, but with a more intense glow when he's using his 'powers'.

M.I.K.

Hmm... I've not really thought about it before, but I've always assumed Alpha's eyes are persistently glowy and work just like Minty says, whereas Rogue Trooper's, (whose eyes look similar on the page), I've always thought to be more opaque and put down any apparent glowiness to his eyes reflecting light like an animal's would.

Steve Green

My thinking was, people wouldn't have a reaction if it was just white eyes, thinking it was blindness or some form of visual impairment, whereas an actual subtle glow would say 'mutant'.

It also ties in to the whole radiation/alpha waves thing.

And yeah it could change depending on mood, whether he was looking through walls, or reading someone's mind.

Sometimes Carlos draws it with a red glow, wikipedia refers to the eyes being incandescent...

Dunk!

Showed these round the office today and a lot of old(er) lapsed readers were very impressed.

Sent them Mintys way.

Good work.

Dunk!
"Trust we"

Zenith 666

This is just amazing but who's playing the Gronk.

COMMANDO FORCES