Main Menu

Strontium Dog Fan Film

Started by Steve Green, 19 September, 2014, 03:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

Yeah, we've already had to repair it once from the rehearsals and have had a second stronger one made for fights...

ThryllSeekyr

I'm a little concerned about what lengths are taken to make the violence and deaths look real.

COMMANDO FORCES

We've all enjoyed being hit by 'der happy stick'  :D

GordonR

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 05 September, 2015, 01:20:39 AM
I'm a little concerned about what lengths are taken to make the violence and deaths look real.

Yes, because realistic violence is what a fan film about a guy with x-ray eyes and his time-travelling Viking buddy should really be all about.

M.I.K.

I think, in this instance, you may have misinterpreted Mr. ThryllSeekyr's gist, Mr. Rennie.

I'm assuming he's more concerned in a health and safety kind of way, due to the linked video of happy-stick/cranium contact.

Steve Green

The hammer would give out long before someone's head did. It's foam, most of the weight is in the shaft (insert joke here)

You still wouldn't want to get hit repeatedly in the head with it, without some protection though - although we have a second LARP hammer which might be a bit easier if you get hit with it.

I've just got back from ICE, to show Carlos the props, he didn't take any prompting...

Jim_Campbell

Yet again, I am frustrated by the forum's lack of a 'like' button!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Steve Green

Heh. Also good to see the Dredd panel very well attended.

A lovely con with a great atmosphere.

JayzusB.Christ

Best pictures I've seen in a while.  I love the way John Wagner has 'John Wagner's written beside him. Only an arrow pointing to him would make it more like an inept tabloid topical cartoon.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Bat King

Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Steve Green

Another 2 days of location filming done.

That leaves 1 more studio day and (hopefully minimal) pickups.

Steve Green

Oh and...

In other great news...
We're very happy to announce that Kevin Horsham, who is playing Wulf in our short, has a role in the next season of Game of Thrones opposite... no spoilers

Dandontdare

that can only be good news - lets hope he mentions it in any interviews he does!

COMMANDO FORCES

Steve Green

I'm just very happy he got the part, the topic of him being perfect for it cropped up during the early days of filming.

I'm not sure what House Sternhammer's sigil would be though, Cucumber and socks rampant?