Main Menu

Strontium Dog Fan Film

Started by Steve Green, 19 September, 2014, 03:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

"This video is unlisted. Be considerate and think twice before sharing."

So... can we share it? Or is this SOOPAH SEKRIT?

Goaty

3DS Max!! I loved do that on spare time, sadly only software I got that from another student work on Win 95 :( did many 3D designs and animations. Wish I got it somehow...

johnny's eyes effect is impressive, with AE timeline motion and I would add mask too for blinks!

Steve Green

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 18 September, 2016, 08:40:41 PM
"This video is unlisted. Be considerate and think twice before sharing."

So... can we share it? Or is this SOOPAH SEKRIT?

I already had - I didn't realise it was unlisted. I guess it was aimed to drive traffic to Starburst's website. Oops.

Be my guest.

Steve Green

Quote from: Goaty on 18 September, 2016, 08:47:58 PM
3DS Max!! I loved do that on spare time, sadly only software I got that from another student work on Win 95 :( did many 3D designs and animations. Wish I got it somehow...

johnny's eyes effect is impressive, with AE timeline motion and I would add mask too for blinks!

Yeah I just manual animate the blinks when needed.

There were some tough shots where it was really dark and you can't see the real eyes, managed to fudge it by brightening everything up and just tracking off the head.

If I was doing that shot again, I would have pushed for real LEDs worn in front of the eyes.

Goaty

Oh yeah know what you means about add effects in dark, very hard but go with gut and see final render result.

Ahh LEDs on eyes would show light effects on another people. That's smart. But could be tricky if it in direct at camera.

Steve Green

Yeah could flare quite a bit.

https://youtu.be/lBNMNTybGKY?t=121 is impressive, he uses UV reactive contact lenses - but makes me nervous that he's shining UV leds directly into his eyes.

Colin YNWA

Cor blimey - that looks a bit good.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Colin_MakingyamindUP on 18 September, 2016, 09:38:36 PM
Cor blimey - that looks a bit good.
This and then some, looking of jaw dropping quality and loyalty there!

Goaty

Quote from: Steve Green on 18 September, 2016, 09:27:31 PM
Yeah could flare quite a bit.

https://youtu.be/lBNMNTybGKY?t=121 is impressive, he uses UV reactive contact lenses - but makes me nervous that he's shining UV leds directly into his eyes.

Bloody hell! That's very impressible, but agree with you about direct into eyes.  :-\

ZenArcade

This looks very, very good. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Dash Decent

Oh my poor heartses!  (Wow!)
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Bolt-01

Sweet Sneck!

The whole family watched this one!

Excitement reaching new levels.

amines2058

Just watched a film called ARQ on Netflix. Sort of a poor mans Edge of Tomorrow / Groundhog Day, but quite enjoyable. Anyway the reason I write is that the hero's main weapon throughout the film is an electronux glove, which looked rather good on screen. I wonder if this idea was lifted directly from the hallowed pages of 2000AD?

Steve Green

Maybe - electrified brass knuckles have been cropping up in the real world for a couple of years.

I noticed in the Ghostbusters reboot one of the characters has something similar.

amines2058

These had visible electrical arcing across the knuckles of the glove identical to the electronux. Have been trying to find a screen shot to show you.